Currently Listening To...

Today is Monday. And Monday is two things. 1, busy. And 2, currently listening to day.
That makes no sense but let's continue. I don't think I have a great deal of songs, but I'm sure once they've all been written down this will be a long 'un. I have more than Bastille to post about, mostly I want to post about 5sos' new album but I have to refrain myself because I'm doing an album review thing, and I don't wanna ruin it by posting half the songs on here.
Bringing this back because I'm out of photos...


Durban Skies - Bastille, I'll get Bastille out of the way first. Okay, this song, is beautiful! When I first heard it I was like 'aw it's a love song, Dan doesn't really write songs about love' but it's so much more special than that. It's about his parents, and their home and their love. I figured this out completely on my own before I saw that Dan has said it was for his parents, and that makes me feel very detective-able-like-ess. Because in an interview he said he was from South Africa, and mentioned Durban and I was like 'hey! Durban skies!' and then I was 'oh...' and everything clicked into place, so I listened to it again and it gave me watery eyes not gonna lie. It's so beautifully written. And the detail he goes into about their wedding is so cute. It's probably become one of my favourites, including the live version.

That's all I really have for Bastille plus all the songs on Other People's Heartache Pt. I where Bastille cover older songs but put their own unique twist to it completely changing the songs, the reason I'm not writing them all out individually is because I have the same thing to say about each song being so uniquely amazing. Other People's Heartache Pt. I is my favourite of them, but I'm sure next week I'll be talking about the other ones.

I'm So Sorry - Imagine Dragons, I was in love with these a while back and I'm so angry that it's taken me so long to listen to Smoke And Mirrors. This song is my joint favourite off the album. The only way I can describe it is by saying 'This song is so badass.' the beat, the rawness of the vocals, the bluntness of the lyrics, everything. It's so sassy, I feel like it probably is actually deep and they mean everything the lyrics say, but it's just such a sassy, up in your face kind of song and I love it!

Gold - Imagine Dragons, this song is also my absolute jam like I'm So Sorry, I'm obSESSED with the hook when the lyrics go "I'm dying to feel again, oh anything at all, but oh I feel nothing, nothing, nothing, noTHIIIIINGGGG" we know how much I freakin' live for raspy freakin' voices!!!! And the raspiness in that last "nothing" pushes me over the edge. It is everything I need in a good song. My interpretation of the actual song is that being part of the music industry and being slightly more wealthier than others, can make you power hungry and full of arrogant ego, and you can't trust no one because everyone's after your money. I feel like the song is kind of bitching at the industry. But it also reminds me of the story about that king(?) who found that lake or something that made everything turn into gold, he claimed it and and became an extremely rich man, but obviously he can't trust anyone because there'll be a lot of people who want it for themselves. The story's got a bit twisted over time and there's lots of remakes, I think the original version is Greek mythology, but I could be wrong.

Imagine Dragons - Bleeding Out, this one isn't from smoke and mirrors. I really love the melody of this song, it just sounds so good. I love the meaning behind it too, though I can't grasp what the meaning is, the song feels really desperate, like hope is lost but there's this one thing keeping you going and you'll do anything to keep that one thing staying, like bleeding out... but that's all I can really get from it.

Imagine Dragons - Monster, okay I love this! It's a different take on the whole issue with not being confident enough to be yourself, because it's more about what you're hiding inside of you. A lot of songs/people talk about struggling to be yourself because society makes you feel like you have to be someone else to fit in, but this song speaks about how -and I think it's a psychological thing for people who really don't have the courage to be themselves -the reason you can't be yourself is because you're not normal, you have a darkness within you and you don't think anyone will like you if it comes out. And I really like the concept of having something dark in you that you can't reveal to people, it's a different take on an issue, but something more people will be able to relate to. I dunno, I just really, really like it.

Sing - Pentatonix, ugh this song! It wasn't what I was expecting, it starts so soft and choiry and I didn't think it was going to be one of my favourites, but then there was stomping and clapping, and it turns drastically into this raw, edgy, slightly rocky song. Scott's vocals are incredible, and it's complimented so well with Avi's voice, and Kevin comes in with an amazing rap where he goes "K.O on the beat OK" and I love it. The chorus is so catchy, and when I listen to it I turn into a Mitch Grassi and slay the hell out of everything by dancing ferociously around my house.

That's what I've been listening to this week, I could add more to be honest but I've been (semi) writing this post since 2:45pm and it's 10:35pm now. I'm tired! I've got so many posts to do this week it's going to be hectic. I've got one planned for everyday except Sunday, so if inspiration strikes within the week, which I'm sure it will, we'll have a post on Sunday too.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey