8 Reasons I am excited for autumn

I've posted a few posts on here, my Twitter, and my Instagram claiming my sheer excitement with autumn this year and I felt the urge to do another little list type, cosy, autumnal post to put y'all in the mood for the season just a little bit more. Especially as we are now in the "official" autumn period,
Because I just
Can
Not
Get
Enough
Of autumn
This year.


So, I've decided to write out some of the things I'm excited for, have been enjoying, and the things I've been thinking about nonstop since August came to an end:

1, Mornings. I love autumnal mornings because they're so much fresher than summer, the sun is starting to get lower in the sky which casts a warm glow over everything, it's cooler so it feels nice to wrap up in a blanket and enjoy a morning cuppa in the garden, it's slightly crisp, beautiful, and fresh. I love autumnal mornings.

2, The colours. Obviously. I feel like autumn is the time ginger people  thrive, because the colour palette of autumn just accentuates everything about us. The oranges, browns, yellows, the dullness of the sky... just, all the colours.

3, The fashion. Autumn fashion is my favourite thing ever. It's not gone too cold so you can still wear cute skirts, the jumpers are making reappearances, the beiges, the orange cosy knitwear, I have lived in either cute skirts, overalls or jumpers this fall. I so badly wanted to partake in the September challenge of buying no new clothes to help the environment but I needed autumn staples too much this year. My favourite outfit is this cute little 60s inspired get up that I will hopefully be doing a post on soon.

4, Leaves and parks. I loooove going for little walks in parks at this time of year, stepping on crunchy leaves is one the best feelings in the world, walking down little pathways lined with trees that have golden, orange leaves falling to the ground is also one of my favourite things to do.

5, Conkers. I love collecting conkers and similarly to crunching leaves, cracking open the conker cases to find fresh ones is up there with one of the best feelings in the world. Especially when there's two or three in there, or a cute little baby conker. I always spend the rest of the year finding the odd conker in various bags as well when I've picked some up and forgotten about them.

6, Coffee. Autumn is coffee season. Pumpkin spice latte season. I've had way too many this year, and plan to have many more.

7, Halloween. I love Halloween, this year me and J have booked to go to a scary cornfield maze experience, as well as throwing our own Halloween party, and I've planned my outfits for all of it!

8, The monster mash. I have to end my list with my favourite autumn song that I listen to at least once a day throughout autumn, as well as This is Halloween from The nightmare before Christmas. They are just the best songs and they make me so happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey