A weekend in Sheffield with Rationale

Since my new kinda 'blog relaunch', I was having a ganders through my old posts just to clean up my dashboard and delete any drafts that were lying about, when I came across this one. This was a post I'd half written and never finished or added the photos to, so it got drowned out along with my other posts and forgotten about. On the one hand there really isn't much point to posting this after so much time, but it really was such a good weekend, and Rationale has recently released a new song so hopefully a few new UK shows are coming soon after his London one off show has just sold out.
He's an incredible up and coming artist and I'd love to spread the word around about him because I genuinely, genuinely, think he's great.
His style is an odd one, he uses (I think I would describe it as) techno beats, catchy rhythms etc. But has such a soulful, meaningful voice which makes his songs so good! His stage presence is also absolutely insane.

We were first introduced to him as the supporting act at the Bastille concert (there's an idea at how long ago this post was originally intended for) and as a support act we were blown away by how much he dominated the stage and had the attention of everyone in the arena. His dancing is so crazy that it puts everyone on a high and right on his level, he seemed to gel so well with the audience so that we all kind of felt included in it all.

After the Bastille concert we knew we had to see him again, and in the January of 2017 we were heading to Sheffield for what would turn out to be one of my favourite ever weekends away.

I went with my sister and we decided to make a weekend of it as we always do, we'd booked a hotel in Sheffield and decided to have a little explore of the city as well as it was our first time being there. Sheffield is such a beautiful place it's unreal, it's a university city so there's lots of art work everywhere, yet it also has this cobbled street old town feel about it which was so cute, and it made for lots of beautiful pictures, and totally not fake candid shots.

The actual gig was so good, we got there later than intended so we couldn't get as close as we'd have liked to, it was a small and intimate place so we grabbed a few drinks and chilled while we waited for them to come out. They were, as I've already mentioned, amazing, and the atmosphere was so electric. After the set finished Tinache (the singer) stood in the corner of the club and everyone crowded to meet him, he stayed to say hello to everyone and it wasn't a quick 'photo, next person' kind of thing, he actually stood and had conversations with everyone and it was so great! I got to have a real conversation with him and he's such a bloody nice person, I wish I could remember what we chatted about but I'm sure it was along the lines of him being an absolute genius. The atmosphere of the whole place was so cute because everyone was buzzing off of each other's happiness. It was just, such a memorable night.

We stopped off at a kebab shop afterwards, slightly tipsy and got some grub before heading back to the hotel for a much needed sleep. The next day we decided to explore Sheffield a bit more, so we had a wander around the town hall square and town centre before nabbing a taxi to an ice skating disco which was amazing, we left with all bones intact as well which is always a good sign. Unlike the last time I went ice skating where I knocked out my two front teeth. Fun.


This was our view from the train station as we'd just got off the train, it was winter so naturally dark, but I'd also been working all day which is why we got their later than expected.

This post is so old I even have my blonde hair!

This is my photo with Tinache. Obviously I wasn't going to get a cute glamorous one of myself, I am never that lucky. Look at those chubby, shiny cheeks. And dinosaur looking hand.
This is why I mentioned we were tipsy in the kebab shop. I just love this photo too much not to post it, it literally sums up mine and my sister's relationship to a T.





I was pulling ridiculous faces in every selfie taken so excuse my demonic glare in this one, and my lack of eyebrow makeup


  
These photos were all taken in or around the town hall, it was so, so stunning, and especially in the winter weather so all of the trees were bare and the sky was grey. It made for a really beautiful atmosphere.

These were obviously taken whilst ice skating. Casey is an awful ice skater it was so funny to watch her clums around the ice rink, I guess I got that karma back for laughing at her after smashing my face earlier this year ice skating in Coventry.

That's all my photos, and my trip to Sheffield (finally) rounded up. I am praying Rationale add a few more dates around the UK this year because I'd love to see him again. If you want to check him out, 'here' is the YouTube link to his newest song.


Shan x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey