Cute things to do in autumn - Go cinema to see IT 2 (a little review)

Me and my boyfriend made friends earlier this year with another couple who really love the film IT, with the buildup of the new film being released this year, we too got excited about it and decided to give it a watch. Me and J aren't big horror film fanatics, I like to watch a few come this time of year just to feel spooky and cosy, but finding a good horror film is so hard because I find they generally lack strong storylines, overuse gore to try and scare audiences, and use build ups as their main scare feature that then let's me down come the end when the reality of the film isn't actually that scary.

After watching the first IT I felt that it had really captured what a good horror movie should be, it was paced very well, had a really good build up of scary moments and the end scene was incredible. I loved the fact that the characters never seemed to become "heroes" it felt very realistic with the way the group dealt with Pennywise instead of them suddenly knowing how to fight and be violent, the actors stayed true to their characters and their ages which made it feel more genuine.
Then, it was also set in my favourite time era, I love anything that has kids growing up in the 80s (big stranger things fan over here) so Finn Wolfhard playing a part in it was amazing, I loved Ritchie as a character.


So chapter 2, I saw an ad saying Starbucks were doing their pumpkin spiced lattes again and I was in a really excited-for-autumn mood, as well as wearing a really dark-esque, cool autumn look. So me and my boyfriend decided today was the day for IT: Chapter 2. Originally there were a few conversations about IT 2 being a potential double date but the couple we are friends with went to see it the day it came out, which me and J couldn't do because of work. When we booked the seats there were only two other seats booked in that cinema and J chose the seats right next to the already booked seats just because it was seat 13 and he wanted the extra spookiness with it being a horror film.
Only for us to walk into the movie theatre and see our friends were the other couple who had booked the seats, not only did we manage to go and see the film at the same time as them but we'd booked the seats right next to them as well. It was their second time seeing the film because they loved it so much.
So me and J sat down with our popcorn and pumpkin spiced lattes, ready to enjoy the film. J jumped so much throughout the film that at one point he actually launched himself into the air and his bag of sweets went flying. It was a sight to see.

Chapter 2 was great! I found it much scarier than the first, my friend described it as the first one being more of a thriller and the second being a horror. The storyline was just as good, giving a background to Pennywise whilst not giving too much away so your imagination can do the rest. I think the character of Pennywise is amazing, he's by far the most scary monster I've ever seen, probably because they really showcased him as a character, I think a lot of horror films only show little snippets of a monster to add suspense and let your mind play tricks on you into thinking it's bigger and scarier, but Pennywise is there, to be seen, and his many forms and creepy personality make him terrifying. A good kind of terrifying though, he's an enjoyable character to watch.

The second film follows the same kids but 27 years on, the character development between them all is amazing and none of them have lost sight of their original selves from the first film. I really thought I would struggle to tell them apart but it's been executed really well, I didn't once struggle to tell the difference once they'd all been reintroduced. I love the bond they all resume having once they meet again and the reality, again, of them facing Pennywise without them really taking on that "hero" role. The storyline was brilliant and the added humour works in so perfectly. It was a really enjoyable film to watch and I would love to see it again in the cinema to be honest.

That's my little review on the film, I can't recommend it enough, I thought it was produced perfectly and I'm now on the hunt for other horror movies like these ones!
Heres a little snap of our PSLs and my outfit which I loved (I'm just starting to grow into my style and pair clothes together so that they look good which is why I was so stoked over this outfit)




My NASA shirt is old but from Primark
My denim skirt is also from Primark
The overshirt is actually stolen from my boyfriend, but is found in the mens section in River Island
The white boots I wore were from New Look



Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey