Currently Listening To.. #1 of 2016

I am having the most sluggish of days! Days meaning multiple days. I'm so so desperate to lose this Christmas weight, and get myself into my 2016 mind frame but I'm unable to do anything because my brother isn't back at school yet and I'm babysitting. I mean if I really wanted to, I could find a way and make things work, but meh.
I'm tired all the time.
But he goes back tomorrow and the second he does I'm off out running! And then I've got to tidy my room and completely de-junk it. I have a ton of stuff to do, I'm even thinking of switching my room around because it semi doesn't work as it is, but I like it like this so I'm really unsure...

Last year I really fell behind in the whole 'YouTube' world, and only really semi consistently kept up with Zoe. (Sugg)
But today I've found a new YouTuber and she made me miss the beauty videos I used to watch all the time, the ones that inspired me to make this blog. And it made me want to make a YouTube channel again. I kinda grew off the idea, even thought I've made a few vlogs. Which never actually got properly completed. I just kept saying "oh yeah when I get a camera" "when I do this.. do that" until I said "I ain't ever doing it am I.." 
If I did do a YouTube I would want it to mean something. Through watching YouTubers I have been inspired and motivated through lots of things, and I would want to create a real content 'thing' instead of just talking to a camera, because doing things outside the box is definitely the kinda girl I am. Though I think what I'd really do is mostly vlogs, because  I just have this thing about sharing my life.
I'm notorious for my three-plus hour conversations on life, and my ramblings on my blog that is supposed to be a beauty blog, I just couldn't help myself but make it more lifestyle (I guess that's what this is?)

But this isn't supposed to be a rambly post!! It's a music post! Here's what I've been listening to.


Somebody Told Me - The Killers, okay, I haven't stopped listening to this for the past two days. I love it! The chorus just sounds so good! I like how the song just makes me feel about that awkward high school patheticness that comes post-high-school-relationship-break-ups. I'm pretty sure the song isn't about high school break ups, it just takes me back to those times. I just really love this song at the moment.

21 Guns - Greenday, how many more times is this song going to reappear on these posts? I go weeks or months without listening to it, then stumble upon it again and remember how good it really is. I'm like that with Greenday as a whole. I think they are probably one of the best bands ever, but because that's the label they have, they kinda become "overrated" in your mind. And then you listen to them again and you realise that that's not true at all. Greenday are truly amazing. Without being all gushy and stuff..

UGH! - The 1975, I was going to post this last week but my post got too long.. I'm really weird about this band. I love them, and I don't. Their music has a sound I just can't make my mind up on, but I listen to them quite a lot -I'm playing Girls right now. Love Me and UGH! are definitely probably my favourites, because they have this kind of 'guilty pleasure'-ness about them that makes them feel good to listen to. Also UGH! has a lot of elements of raspy tones in Matty's voice and we know how much I love that.

Jet Black Heart - 5 Seconds Of Summer, you know, I haven't been listening to these much and it's breaking my heart. The video for this song came out in December, and it's really, really beautiful. They really have come a long way with their music quality and this song really is something special. It's just real, it's about them, and the fans, and people who don't even listen to their music. It's for everyone and I love that. It's a beautiful, beautiful song. 

Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time - Panic! At The Disco, this is their newest track from their new album. I think this song is the explanation of the album cover, the second verse describes the scene going on in the cover-except for the car hanging out of the pool. The song is about a wild night, it's sung with deep tones and has a James Bond 007 secret agent tune thing going on, but the chorus is typical Panic, the bridge towards the end minimises to just Brendon singing and and percussion before everything coming together to end the song with a bang. 
I love this. The lyrics are hilarious, the beat is good, the James Bond thing is genius, the deep voice is perfect. 
But seriously, I'm still obsessing over the Death Of A Bachelor video, and LA Devotee. Calm down Brendon.
But please don't because I love all these new songs.


I'm hoping to be posting a little more regularly than I have been.. I didn't realise it had been a fair few days since my last post. 
I'm also going to start numbering my Currently Listening To's to make it easier for me.
And I'm also thinking of getting a special Currently Listening To photo to post with the post instead of using a different one every time... that is no longer different because I'm just using my old ones all the time..


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Cute things to do in Autumn

Currently Listening To...