Life Lately

One of, if not my absolute favourite blogger does these kind of posts quite regularly and I love reading them so much! I don't know if the photos attached to this post will be deleted because I've had to get them off of my Instagram page because my USB still isn't working and it's driving me insane! And I don't want to 'source' my photos because I don't want to link people to my Instagram, it's something I'm not comfortable with doing just yet. Therefore the internet my take down my photos, even though they are actually mine, there's not actually any proof they are. I might add "my photo" under every one and hope that it does something to keep them..

But about this post. I've had an interesting start to the year and I want to sit down and chat, and talk over something that's very important to me, and catch the blog up with my life happenings.
P.S also, while I remember, I didn't post a Currently Listening To this week because I haven't been listening to anything really because of my headache which feels like a bomb exploding in my head every 1.3 seconds.
~My photo~
I'll start with the most exciting and important. I have  job. Sort of. I've not started yet. By reading any of my posts from 2015, particularly the last half of 2015, there will be some mention (or freak out) about my future, the need to get a job, the fear of getting a job, the fear to leave my room etc. Over Christmas my mum was speaking to me about getting some sort of work if not just to get me out of my bedroom. And she asked if maybe I'd like to work for the same company she works with. So she spoke to her boss and she handed me an application form which I filled in instantly.
The next day my mum got a call to say no interview was needed, I had the job.
Which is AMAZING! I need to do a few things before I start like training days etc, but apart from that, I have a job!
As for what I'm doing, it's a care company, where I'll be visiting people's houses and caring for people who can't look after themselves anymore -usually the elderly and severely ill, who aren't in a home yet.
It's a rewarding job, I love caring for people, and I love hearing stories from elder people, they come from a time so much simpler than ours, so much fun.
Also, for a first job, the pay ain't half bad...

Then suddenly my mum was asking me if I'd like to babysit one of my brother's friends, as his mum was in need of a babysitter. This I'm a little more apprehensive about but the kid, Finn, is lovely and it's extra money going in my pocket! So in the space of 12 days, this new year has given me two jobs, and two challenges that I really need. Which just tells me that 2016 is going to be my year!
~My photo~
A few days ago I walked out of Tesco's to a sky overcasted with lilac clouds.. it was so beautiful.

This new year I've been challenging myself to get fitter, over Christmas we eat a ridiculous amount of food, and by ridiculous, I mean ridiculous. We don't mean to, and I'm not sure how I manage to consume so much, but after weighing myself in January I learnt that I'd put on SEVEN pounds! Last week was going fine diet-wise, I was leaving the house everyday, going for a walk/run, until I fell ill and have been suffering with this flu-cold. My head has been pounding too much for me to do much but sit and watch TV at a quiet volume all day.

Speaking on TV, I've finally started on The Originals, which is amazing! There's something about The Vampire Diaries and The Originals that gets me so hooked on the characters, I really get myself submerged into these shows and the producers really know the best story lines and twists of events to tug at the heartstrings! I think I fell in love with Elijah Mikaelson from the second episode he was in on The Vampire Diaries -as soon as I realised he wasn't just a bad guy. Elijah is so well mannered and "the noble brother" that often you forget that he's really badass, and when he loses his temper to protect his family, and he kills people in that dashingly handsome suit.. it's just.. it's perfect.
So recently I've been head over heels with Elijah Mikaelson aka Daniel Gillies.
And I must be really annoying the people on my snapchat with the endless photos I've been posting of him...

It's also my brother's birthday today! Which probably should have been the first thing I said in this post.. He's six years old now, which is so strange. Because he's truly a real child now. He's not my baby anymore, he can read, and write, and do maths better than me (almost). His party was today also, and it was so nice to see him happy and in his element being the star of everyone's attention. I got to catch up with a family friend, and also caught up with two other friends over the phone today as well.
~My photo~
Just to throw in an embarrassing story also, there's this dad at my brother's school, who is very, very attractive. Not in the sense that he's so very good looking.. he's just attractive. He's a really good dad to his son, and the main parent. He's kind and gets along with my mum a fair bit. However he works all the time and he never comes to pick his son up, it's always his grandma.
His son is also one of my brother's best friends and he's such a character! He's adorable, and I always say he's the son I want,
The other day the attractive dad came to pick up his son from the school, and when his son came out I was watching him and smiling and his dad caught me and said "hello you alright?" and I mean, me? Surely he wasn't talking to me! Why me? No.
So I turned my head towards my mum because surely he was talking to my mum! So my mum said hello to him for me.
I mean it was generalised for both of us, but because he caught my glance he was aiming his hello at me! And because I didn't feel good enough I turned away his hello and I feel awful!
My mum says that he quite often aims his hello's at me and I dodge every one. What a mess I am.
I should point out, he is too old for me, and married, and he's just simply saying a friendly hello, and definitely isn't interested in me. But oh my god I'm such a fool at times!
Another thing I aim to do this year is to praise myself more, to allow myself the privilege of hot-dad-in-the-playground to say hello to me, because I deserve this little life pleasure. Next time I see him I'm going to openly make eye contact and say hello back.

I'm about to take off my makeup, and settle down in bed to watch season three of Sherlock which has just been put onto Netflix, much to my squealish joy. I might do more posts like these instead of my silly rambly ones that don't really mean much..


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey