Currently Listening To... (3)

My blogging was so bad last week. I had so many things to post and I had planned out every one, on top of trying to get out and exercise everyday, and tidy my god damn room, do my washing/ironing, general things that I've been trying to get finished since the start of January. And out of all of that, my biggest task last week was getting out of bed before 10am. Sometimes waking at midday. I think, I've set myself too many tasks and I was just too overwhelmed with it all, but it's something I need to adjust and get used to. Mondays are always my favourite days because I'm motivated, I woke up early and did what I'd set out to do today. I'm stiff all over from the amount of walking I did.
My room is almost finished, I have one load of washing left which is just my bedding, and the ironing which will come from today's washing and then I've truly finished everything.
I wasn't going to do a Currently Listening To today because I didn't have anything to post, and then today I realised there's a song I'm obsessed with, and also, instead of doing the Panic album review I'll just add every new song that hasn't spoken about before onto this post. Because I don't have as much to say about the album as I once thought, and I've already spoke about half the songs because most of them were released before the album came out...


Secret Love Song - Little Mix ft. Jason Derulo, you know I've never been a fan of Little Mix, I didn't dislike them, they are incredibly talented, they just weren't my cup of tea. However the singles they've been releasing from their new album, I'm not minding... and this came on the radio the other day and I near had a heart attack. This song. Is beautiful. I use that word to describe a lot of songs, but seriously, it's so sad. When I first heard "This is Little Mix with Jason Derulo" I was like oh, this is gonna be poppy and jammy... not a sad song! It's the kind of song I describe as a 'Princess song'. In a previous post when I said I liked feeling like a girl from a film, when I have those 'movie moments' I call them 'Princess moments' because it reminds me back to wanting to be a princess when I was a wee child. And this song, takes me completely back to my 11 year old self, I'd recently had my first stereo for Christmas and I had an album I constantly played and it had such good women-empowering-love-songs like Kelly Clarkson and Girls Aloud, and The Saturdays I think. And I'd sit in my room and pour my heart out to these songs and stare out the window, and feel like a princess. So these songs became my 'Princess songs'.
And this song is just like those Princess songs. It's sad, with empowering female voices, it's about love, and it tells a story that you can picture happening to yourself while you stare out of a window.
But aside from that, a lot of people are picking up that it's a very supportive song for the gay community who haven't come out, and I like that.
Aside from it sounding like a princess song, the story itself is about forbidden love, falling in love when you're trapped with someone else, which is also a powerful song about difficult relationships.

House Of Memories - Panic! At The Disco, okay, Panic songs. This may be my favourite from the ones we haven't heard yet, it's dance-y and a happy tune with a catchy chorus, there's subtle essences of a brass band, a really good bass line carrying the song through, and a drum driven bridge with Brendon's high pitched vocals. The song switches between Brendon singing deep and high which is a recurring theme in this album, a mesmerizing, sultry, red warning sign, deep voice that's smooth, and just sounds like you're being led into a trap. That's how I'd describe it -using very odd metaphors.

The Good The Bad And The Dirty - Panic! At The Disco, ooh this starts with just Brendon shouting the title of the song, and then his beautifully smooth deep voice comes in with such a good melody, before a high pitched chorus, again. But a good "again", I love his voice in this album. I really don't know what this song is about, but I feel like it's about fighting, and because this album is about the death of a bachelor I feel like it could possibly be about fighting the issues that you would face by losing your 'bachelor' status.

Crazy = Genius - Panic! At The Disco, OH EM GEE I feel like I'm in New Orleans in the 20s except Brendon is fronting a cute little jazz band! This is so good! I don't exactly know what jazz is, but I feel like it's brass, with a quick drum pattern, good bass line, and just wild and full of passion. This song sticks with me. I run round the house shouting "I'm a rocket scientist!" all day, and it is so good to listen to whilst cooking eggs in the morning, it just has that refreshing, guilty pleasure, sneaky little dance beat to it and I can't get enough. The song is wild from start to finish, it is truly one of a kind -unless it is classed as jazz music...

Golden Days -Panic! At The Disco, this is the favourite for a lot of people, and right this very second I'm starting to agree, the verses have this raspy nostalgia feeling, the way Brendon uses his voice is amazing. The chorus is loud and guitar driven and made up of long notes. I think actually this is my favourite now. I love the verses, I love Brendon's voice so much in this. It's so raspy, or deep, or high, there's long notes, and all that's in between.

Impossible Year - Panic! At The Disco, this too makes me feel like I'm in 1920s New Orleans, it's not happy and jazzy, but slow and vocally deep,it's emotional and from the heart. The lyrics are really passionate and visionary, you can really feel the words sung. It's about breaking up with someone, and how the year is doomed to be grey and horrible because the person you are breaking up with is the fun in your life. And just because I look into things.. the album is about the death of a bachelor, so what if he's talking about the break up from himself. His fun, wild nights with girls side of himself, because now he has to be faithful to one girl. Although if you're walking into a marriage and seeing an 'impossible year' and greyness... I don't think it's a very healthy marriage. I know I wouldn't marry a guy that reluctant to give up his former life.
But I don't think Brendon is saying he struggles with his marriage. I think he's just being musically dramatic to clearly show the end of an era of his life. The album as a whole seems to tell a story of wild nights an parties playing as a memory, like Brendon is celebrating the death of his bachelor by reminiscing on the wildness, the freedom of life, etc. But because it is a happy sounding album, he is celebrating the death of his bachelor by writing an album, it's like he's put all of his bachelor lifestyle into an album like you'd shove it into a box in the corner of your mind to say "that's a chapter of my life done. Let's move on to the next one" but instead of shoving it in the corner of his mind he's putting it out into the world and celebrating the end of an era and the start of a new one.
And some people say this album was directionless and pointless.
I love it. And I love the sounds he's explored, it's different, and a place a lot of people stray away from because it's not what's "cool".

So that's all the songs from this week. I'm going to make some dinner, and continue with my room tidying, and hope that I won't be too stiff tomorrow to get more exercise because I can really feel my muscles breaking down and locking up. Also, hopefully I can get up some of these posts I'm planning! I'm going to be working soon and I'm going to be so busy I'm not sure when I'll have time to write posts... Because I can work as many hours as I want.. and I've never had money before, so I kinda want to work loads and get a huge sum of money and treat myself and my family and my kittens. I'm lucky I don't have to pay board just yet. My mum says I can have a chance to enjoy myself before having to pay my responsibilities, and I could be working by next week, I'm so excited, and bloody terrified!!!


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey