Vegetable Pasta Bake That Really, Truly Tastes Pretty Damn Good

Both of my kitties have fell asleep with me, looking at me, so I have two cat heads facing me with closed eyes. It does look a little creepy but they're so cute!!!
I've got The 1975's album on and I'm feeling like I'm on cloud nine, so I'm going to talk about last night's dinner. I was really proud of it so I thought I'd make it into a post because it's kinda healthy and New Year fitness inspired. I couldn't get the best photos though so I'm a little disappointed in that, but you know, that's life without a top notch camera!

Ingredients (to feed four people):

  • Whole wheat pasta, as much as you feel you need.
  • An aubergine/eggplant
  • Closed cup mushrooms, we used about 8
  • 2 slices of red cabbage
  • A handful of spinach 
  • A carrot
  • Two tins of tinned tomatoes
  • Garlic, two to three cloves, or depending on individual's taste.
  • A courgette, we didn't add this, this times, but I have in the past and will in the future.
Method:
  • Boil pasta in a pan of the hob until just under cooked,
  • Dice the aubergine, grate the carrot (the only way I can eat carrot), cut the red cabbage to preference, slice mushrooms, tear spinach,
  • Drain the water from the pasta when it is time and tip pasta into a pasta bake dish,
  • Add the vegetables and mix slightly,
  • Add the tinned tomatoes, garlic, and seasoning and mix fully,
  • Put in the oven on 200 degree heat for 30 minutes,
  • Serve.
I made something very, very similar in my cooking class at school five years ago, I can't remember all the ingredients from then, all I know is that it tasted amazing and I've always wanted to make it again. This version didn't taste as good as before, but it was still really good. I'll have to keep adding stuff until I perfect it.  



 I know, look at that dirty oven. 


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey