An April Round-up

At the end of January I did a post on how my resolutions were going and I said I was going to do this for all the months, just to ensure I had a positive, more successful year than previous years. This year feels like the most important one of my life to date. It's all about making sure I'm ready for the future. The days of being a kid are over and while I'm desperately trying grip on to every ounce of childhood left, I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that I need to think like an adult, because before I'll know it it'll be too late, I wouldn't have taken anything from college, therefore I won't have a career, I'll be down and out. And that's my biggest fear.
So it's taken me five months to fully realise that maybe I need to grow up a little bit. I'm taking a big step today and I'm going to look for a job. This will be my biggest achievement this year. As well as sticking through college. There were times I'd wanted to drop out because I was so scared of wasting my future studying something I weren't sure I wanted to do. Sticking it out has gave me some really good friends, memories, and overall a really good experience and education that will help me in later life (even if I don't want to be sat in a salon all day.)
One of my biggest resolutions was to stop putting off college work, I've been behind a great deal of the year but I'm finally catching up on it.
Also waking up at a reasonable time on my days off were important because I was getting up as late as 2pm.. that's something I've definitely improved on but I think it's more to do with the weather. When I'm waking up to sunshine it makes me want to get out of bed.
Getting fitter was my biggest goal this year. For once I want to feel comfortable in a bikini on holiday. My weight has fluctuated a lot over the year so far, but fitness wise I've improved a lot. I went for a run the other day which I hadn't done in a looong time and I did better than I ever have. I have a very long way to go before I'm truly happy though, a least it's progress.

That's more brief than I thought it would be, I've got a lot to do today -job hunting, college work, sorting my portfolio and a lot of research for colleges/UNIVERSITY(!!!)... and I'm excited to get on with it. I don't know when I'll do another one of these. Maybe the end of this month because I think this month is going to be pretty big...


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey