Currently Listening To...

It's three o'clock in the afternoon. I have a very messy room to tidy, a portfolio to (finally) make, and a very long complicated assignment to do (that was due in like four months ago) (oops) all ready for tomorrow. And yet here I am on my blog writing about my current favourite music (I know how to prioritise things) But at least it's a Monday and I'm actually on time so that has to count for something!
*shoutout to chipped nails*

Stay Together For The Kids - Blink 182, starting with this because it's playing right now. I know I've put this in here before but it's been a while since I listened to it and I forgot how much I love it. You'd think it related to me on massive levels with how much I love it, but my parents break up barely phased me, I mean I was sad for a bit but I was never angry and I never wanted them to stay together (which sounds kinda mean) But the song, I just really love it, I love how it's been produced and how the video demonstrates the destruction of a 'home' and the kids are the ones in the middle left angry, I guess it's good to see a song from a kids perspective that a lot of people can relate to.

Hallelujah - Panic! At The Disco, this song. Is my jam! Every time it comes on my volume is turned up and I'm pretending to be a rock star. The message behind the song I'm still trying to work out as it seems to have multiple meanings (to me personally) I love the line "show praise with your body stand up sing hallelujah" and the way "hallelujah" is sang just kills me.

Twenty One Pilots - Tear In My Heart (as well as..)

Twenty One Pilots - Fairly local, I'm very unsure about both of these songs, I can't decide if I like them or not but for some reason I can't stop listening to them (I was the same with Sam Smith's stay with me last year and then it became one of my favourite songs) it reminds me of the summer bands I like to listen to and I'm sure they'll become some summer favourites but I'm just so unsure bout them right now..

Uma Thurman - Fall Out Boy, this was one of faves from the AB/AP album it was one of those guilty pleasure type things, it's so good to put on top volume and just jam out in your room. They recently did a video for this song and I love it. The message they did at the end of the video is so important and it's so good that they can do something like that in such a powerful way.

After the Future Hearts album I have become a complete ATL stan. They have quickly become one of my favourite bands and the past few weeks have been spent listening to almost every song they have, as well as watching loads of band interviews and live videos and stalking them in the least stalkerish way. So, some of my favourites are:

Somewhere In Neverland - ATL, Peter Pan is my favourite film of all time and that hasn't changes since 2003 when it came out. When I got older I understood the meaning behind the film (not wanting to grow up/running away/being lonely/falling in love with Wendy/choosing between fantasy and real life) and I fell in love with the film even more. All Time Low doing a song about it and understanding the film and singing about escaping from a 9-5 routine.. it's so perfect it's like it was written just for me.

Painting Flowers - ATL, the soundtrack from Alice In Wonderland . Another film I love this song is just so amazing, it doesn't sound like 'typical All Time Low' because it's meant to have the same feel as the film and it does, I love this song it has such a dark creepy theme to it just like the film does.

The Reckless And The Brave - ATL, I love the meaning of this song so much. If there was one song that summed up All Time Low it would be this one. It's about not taking the typical path 'life' has given us it's about escaping the norm and doing what you feel you should do without the influence of college/uni which is constantly hanging over our heads. (For people not at a college age the song can be adapted to something else in their life that's hanging over their heads, which is one of my favourite things about this band. They seem to write their own metaphors so that their 'widely aged' audience can relate to every song they do.)

Remembering Sunday - ATL, this song is just beautiful. There's a lot of different opinions as to what this song is actually about, as to whether the girl left him or died. I think she died, and I think Alex has actually said in an interview that she leaves but I think she dies. Because, on Juliet's solo she says she's up in the clouds, which everyone says is her in a plane running away but she actually says "I'm at home in the clouds" like she's living up there..
Then the guy in the song "hasn't been sober for days" and he's confused as to what actually happened and when his neighbours say "she moved away" I think they're too scared to bluntly tell him she died because he's drunk and confused. And it says "funny how it rained all day" like it was the girl still there with him in her own way. "I can see now that all of these clouds are following me" she is following and watching over him and that's the point he realises she's gone for real. the metaphor is that she's the cloud, as in she's in heaven. Everyone pictures heaven as a white fluffy cloud... 
I feel very strongly about this haha, I take everything so seriously and waaaay over analyse things! 

Sorry - Sleeping With Sirens, I've started listening to these a bit more at the moment but I'm a bit funny with what songs I like and which ones scare the hell outta me.. But this one has probably made it in my top favourites it's so good!

Bulletproof Love - Pierce The Veil, I think it's pretty much impossible to listen SWS without Pierce The Veil, although I'm even more hesitant(?) about these because they're even more scarier than SWS. But this song just hasn't left my head and I actually really like it. I'm constantly singing the lines "I breathe you in like smoke" and "my love for you was bulletproof but you're the one who shot me"

Miserable At Best - Mayday Parade, when I first listened to this I didn't like it.. it's so sad and slow and depressing but it got stuck in my head so. Bad. The other day, so I had to listen to it and now I kinda love it and I'm always listening to it (like I am right now).

Say Something - Alex Gaskarth ft. Lynn Gunn, (this is the last one I know this is getting kinda long now) this song is such an amazing song, but for some reason I love covers better. The one by Pentatonix is my favourite thing in the world and hearing Alex Gaskarth sing it.. and get completely lost in the song too.. it's so perfect! It's not a proper studio recorded thing, it's a small acoustic thing with a small crowd. But oh my God I have so much love for it. He gets so into the song he does a little "ooooh" then comes back to reality and does this adorable little side smile thing and it honestly KILLED me!

That is the monster of songs I've been listening to since my last currently listening to, I've just scrolled to the top and realised how long this post really is..! It's been a while though, I have a lot to catch up on...


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey