Currently Listening To...

It's up on time, its up on time! Today was supposed to be one of those days where I got loads done, my room is sooooo desperate to be cleaned, I was going to go for a run but the weather ruined that idea. My college uniform needs washing etc etc. But I didn't wake until 12pm and I'm still not quite awake, it's a strange day I'm so lethargic and 'meh.' But, I'm still posting on time, and my college uniform is washing, my room... that can wait for another day.


I had a song stuck in my head off of the Madness album from Sleeping with sirens, when I first their album I liked it, but I weren't obsessed and I dismissed it too quickly. So when I listened to the song stuck in my head I feel in love and listened to the rest of the album with a more open mind. Now, it's one of my favourite albums, it's been on repeat the last three days I love it so much. So as usual, here are a few of my favourite ones:

Save Me A Spark - SWS, this is the one I had stuck in my head, it's such an amazing song and i'm in loooove! With they way Kellin sings "I'm drownii-ii-iing" at 1:41 his voice is so unique and I love their slower songs because his voice is so much more raw-er -if that's a word..

The Strays - SWS, this is their new single, which they have released a video for. Where Kellin's outfit is perfect and the concept of teens coming together to be part of 'the strays' club, sending out the message and support that their are lots of people without a place in the world who weren't brought up right. The song reflects a bit about Kellin's life and it's just a real good song.

Don't Say Anything - SWS, this song is so damn good! It goes from being really smooth to heavy back and forth throughout. At the very start of the song and just before the bridge, when the lyrics are "why are you so pissed off, I can hear it through the wire, it's late now why aren't you sleeping, shouldn't you be in bed" ugh!!! Kellin's voice is so stripped back and deep and it has so much emotion in and I'm so obsessed with it! One of my favourite things about SWS is how talented the drummer is, and in this song (as well as others) I have to listen to it twice because one time I'm listening to vocals and the song as a whole, and then the second time I have to just listen to the drums because they're just so good.

Left Alone - SWS, this song has a strange vibe to it that somehow takes me back to when I was 14 every time I hear it, and then it gives me goosebumps. It's weird. But I love the song, I love the line "how deep do you wanna go" because it has so many meanings to it, for me I see the song as getting too close to somebody who is knocking your walls down and you're starting to panic because if they carry on their going to get to the deepest layer of your walls. And the song is about making the decision of 'are you sure you want to get this far into my past' and  'once you do there's no way back out.'

Far Too Young To Die - Panic! At The Disco, I love Panic, but it's not a band where I know all of their stuff. So I listened to their album Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die, and two of their songs really stuck out and I've had them on repeat all week. I'm not normally into the 'electronic' side of music and this album is just one big electronic vibe. But I don't know, I just really like this song and the other on I'll list below.

Casual Affair - Panic! At The Disco

Your Bed - All Time Low, it would not be right to not have an ATL song somewhere in this post. this is off of their deluxe version of Future Hearts. At first I was a bit taken aback at how different this song was, but I'm soooooo obsessed with it. The tone and desperation in his voice when he sings this is amazing! And the lyrics off this song is something plenty of fangirls can and are freaking out over.

Why Don't You Get A Job - The Offspring, I am in love with old music. It's always, always better than anything brought out now-a-days. Songs like Teenage Dirtbag and Stacy's Mom are forever guilty pleasure classics, probably way too common and overplayed now but they always make you feel good when you listen to them. I'd come across the Offspring a while ago and realised that I'd actually grew up listening to them without even knowing. So for a few weeks I obsessed over them and reminisced of childhood days, and then they got pushed aside as I fell in love with more and more bands. But my mum said something which was an accidental line from the song so I had to go listen to it and once again I'm obsessed and childhood reminiscing.


This has turned into another long one, I had so much to write about every song I listened to.. Ugh I just realised I have college tomorrow. (I say that all the time but I actually really like going college)


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey