Currently Listening To...

I love music, so many songs mean so much to me and I'm constantly falling in love with new bands and singers. There's so much music in the world and I want to listen to all of it (which I know is impossible) but I never get round to listening to new stuff because I love my favourites too much, and it's hard to leave my favourite for a second to try out a new band or singer.
However I've decided to encourage myself into listening to new stuff by trying out a series, every Monday I'm going to post about songs that I've been enjoying a lot the past week. Hopefully the aim is to not to be listening to the same songs every week but expanding my range of taste.



This week I will start with Fall out boy's new album, if I could put every single song up here I would because the entire album is amazing, but I'm only going to write about the main three I've had on constant repeat;

Immortals - Fall out boy

Favourite record - Fall out boy

Jet pack blues - Fall out boy

Boulevard of broken dreams - Greenday. My friend loves these guys and kept telling me to listen to them, this song came up on my YouTube page so I had to give it a listen and I'm obsessed, more of this band will definitely be making it's way through my headphones.

If it means a lot to you - A day to remember. This song came as a huge surprise to me, I found it the other day on YouTube, I know nothing about this band put people have said it's like really heavy metal (which scares the hell out of me) but this song is their 'slow song' type thing. It's starts off being an acoustic song and then builds. When the climax of the song was hit, it blew me a-way! It's amazing and I haven't been able to stop listening to it for the the past week. It's become my new 'hairdryer song' (a hair dryer song is the song you listen to on top volume while drying your hair and pretending to be in a music video)

Up - Olly Murs ft Demi Lovato. More of a charts song which I don't usually take a liking to but this song is just so good and the repeat button has been seriously overworked.

Uptown funk - Mark Ronson ft Bruno Mars. I feel like this song is everyone's jam. It took me a while to warm to it as I weren't sure at first but it's one of those songs that's everyone's guilty pleasure and it's hard not to like it really.

That's what I've been listening to this past week, I find it strange I'm writing this because music is something that's so personal to me and I've always been so conscious of people knowing what I listen to. For example if I've got my earphones in anywhere else other than my bedroom I'm constantly taking them out to hear if anyone else can hear what I'm listening to... I'm praying I'm not the only one who does that.


Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey