Sick Day Essentials

For the past week I've had a chest infection and an awful cold, and today I woke up (at two o'clock in the afternoon) feeling really flu-ey. To say I feel like death would be a massive understatement. And I wanted to do a post on some of the adventurous things I get up to when I have a 'sick day'.

For starters, my 5sos CD has been playing since I woke up, but generally sick days are all about the movie marathons in bed, or watching a complete series (a lot of American Horror Story is played on sick days). And you always need a cuddle buddy when you're ill, my (forever and always) cuddle buddy choice is my build-a-bear that my best friend gave me for Christmas. His name is Mikey Clifford.. No particular reason why... wink wink. Oh my God I'm such a weirdo -here's a super cheesy photo of today's movie marathon and Mikey.



The most important thing to do on sick days is nothing, pj's must be worn all day (especially fleecy batman ones), hair is not allowed to be brushed but shoved up out of the way, and just for one day you have to answer to bed's calls and stay there aaaaaall day. Also coffee is a must have! I drink so much coffee when I'm ill it's unreal.
Obviously when you're ill, medication is an absolute life savor and I spend a lot of my Sick Days swallowing pills (Lemsip is my new bestfriend right now). Also soup makes you feel so much better it's like it's own little medication itself. That was a lot of "its". BUT, you can only have either tomato soup or chicken soup.










I'm going to go watch my movie marathon now then fall asleep and hope I'm better in the morning *fingers crossed*

Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey