Seaweed-Shannon

The first week back at college is officially over! *cheers, screams, and rolls around in fields of gold* and I'd thought I'd do a post to celebrate my happy mood.
  Previously I've mentioned dying my hair blue but I never said any more about it. I've now had blue hair (completely finished and done) since 31st December but somehow I've waited this long to post about it.. I'm absolutely in love with it it didn't actually take that well to my hair if I'm completely honest, I don't know if it was the dye or just that ginger hair is hard to dye because it's so pigmented. But my hair looks really cool, it's only dyed certain strands so it's kind of like highlighted dip dye. And the underneath of my hair is more a faded green then the outside is a bright turquoise. People at college have nicknamed me "seaweed" because of my hair and I love it haha. They also say I'm like Michael Clifford and that, is something I can't complain about. Smug smile.

 First I had to bleach my hair because I knew the dye wouldn't take, I was scared to do it because I know people who's hair has fallen out after bleaching it and I've seen a looot of people turning fluorescent orange afterwards and everyone's hair is always straw and manky. But honestly mine's fine and I think I want to do a post on how I maintain it.

 Left is the the process, my hair looks really matted and scary.
Right is after it's finished and blow dryed (why my hair is frizzy and poofy) my mum isn't the best photographer, sorry.
I used Bleach London to do this.

The next day I did the blue however it took terribly and I re-did it the next day which gave me the result I have now. I thought it would be really hard to do because I really didn't want a clear line through my hair where it suddenly turns from ginger to bright blue, I wanted to be more gradual or randomly done, and it was so easy to do. On random strips of hair I put the dye up quite high compared the majority of my hair and it looks natural like I wanted it too. Aside from the fact it's blue.. nothing is really that natural if it's blue















When my hair is wet the colour comes out on camera more, dry, it barely comes up I promise my hair is blue -very blue- it's just a bit camera shy..







Shan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey