Future Hearts All Time Low Album Review

I mentioned doing this in Monday's post, but then I thought about it and I wasn't sure whether to or not but I've definitely decided to do it now just because I've never been so obsessed with something in my entire life. This whole week I've done nothing but listen to this album over and over it's definitely the best album I've ever heard I love everything about it. I've never seen anyone do a review on an album before on a blog (not the blogs that I read) so I don't know what I'm 'supposed' to do, I'm just going to write my thoughts on each song then the album as a whole. Also this is not the deluxe album, there are thirteen songs on this one (the only fault I can find with this album -I hate the number thirteen).

Can we first talk about how beautiful this vinyl is!!!!! It came up on my Tumblr and I cried a little bit...


First song, Satellite. this song is such a perfect opening for the album, it starts laid back and really raspy and then it picks up a bit, but not too much -the perfect amount. It has a kind of darkness feel to the song and towards the end it starts building and building like it's chanting it becomes really tense and then it ends. Like it warms you up for the rest of the album. I love it it's so cleverly done.

The next song Kicking and screaming is so up beat and dancy, my favourite thing is that it starts with "1,2,3,4" and ends with "4,3,2,1" it's so loud I'm obsessed. And I love the lines "say hello to all my little nightmares, they're right here, I know them well" it relates to me so well somehow. This track is definitely one of the rockier ones on the album.

Something's gotta give, this is a song I've already written about when the track first came out in January. This is a lot of people's favourite from the album, the video is hilarious, and they all look damn fine as zombies...  the song is really catchy and I'm always singing it round the house.

Kids in the dark, I've also written about this song, it's one of my favourites on the album, the lyrics are so relatable to my life (much like every other ATL song) The clapping bit still remains my favourite, and the bit where Alex holds his arms out as the lights blow. I love his hair too.

Runaways, this is another favourite among fans, I love the story behind the song and it's another catchy tune but somehow it's probably my least listened to.. I love it when I listen to it it just doesn't seem to be a song I reach out to. I feel so horrible because I'm still obsessed with the song, just not as much as others...

Missing you, this song. I've already wrote about it as well, it's acoustic, not like the rocky vibe they usually have. It's raspy and perfect (I'm in love with Alex's voice) and like I said before -this song really speaks to you, like they know you -it feels like they're looking into my soul when they sing this. It's inspiring, uplifting and it makes me want to get off my ass if I'm having a bad day, and trust me, not many songs can do that.. The bass line in the song is really good as well. Being a fan of Pentatonix naturally makes you appreciate basses (pentaholics understand.) and I really like it in this song...

Cinderblock garden, I love this one so much! It's back to it's rocky edginess, and yet again the song seems to be written about my life. For me personally the song tells me to bury the things that scare me and stop me moving forward so that I can relax and appreciate life more. It tells me that I can only follow my dreams if I drown my demons. I don't know how others will perceive the song but that's what it means to me and it really inspires me to do so.

Tidal waves (ft Mark Hoppus), okay. Must not fangirl while writing this. Must not. It's my favourite -tied favourite. I said in my currently listening to post that I was obsessed with Alex's voice in this, basically at 3 minutes 10 seconds into the song he goes "tIIIIIIIIdal waaavess" and where the I is dragged out is where dreams are made. He had such a raspiness to his voice and I'm completely obsessed with it! I've said that so many times in this post now but it's one of my favourite things about All Time Low, their voices -particularly Alex's holds so much emotion and passion when he sings it just.. I love it.
I also wanna speak about the first lines "falling on my face again, so I know I'm right on track, it's hard for me to make amends, when you stab me in the back" there's hardly any background music so you can really focus on the lyrics, which is what this song is all about. These first lyrics are so important, it's saying that moving forward is hard and it hurts and nothing gets handed to you and you won't succeed straight away and I love that. There's so much truth behind it.

Don't you go, back to the up-beatness, I really love this song, the lyrics definitely aren't relatable with this song haha, but I love them, the chorus is amazing, it's so loud and catchy and it just sounds really good. The little "woo-hoo"'s are everything. The whole production and beat of this song is just perfect I really do love this one. It's cheeky.

Bail me out, the bass in this is amazing and I love the story in this song too -and the collab with Joel Madden is perfect! This is probably the other 'less listened to' song even though I love the song to pieces. The little speech thing and the laugh right at the end of the song is probably my favourite part. I love laughs in songs -like the one in Dear Maria that's everything!!

Dancing with a wolf, another favourite. It's so good for that person you hate, it's one of those really bitter 'haha you'll be crawling back soon -don't even bother!' songs it's about letting go, the song's really edgy and angry without being one of those trashy angry songs -it's not an angry song it's a fun song and you can't help but dance along to it. But the emotion of the song is angry without being an angry song.. If that makes sense...

Edge of tonight, MY OTHER FAVOURITE!!!! :D I wrote about this in my currently listening to, an from there my love for the song has tripled. I looove it! It's more like a ballad (don't quote me on that I'm not 100% sure if it is, I'm not a music pro) but it feels like a ballad it's so perfect, it's a scream-your-lungs-out kind of song. The lyrics "you keep me safe, you keep me sane, you keep me honest" right before the explosion of "you keep me aliiiiiive" is my favourite lyrics off the album they're so pretty but powerful. And the bass line during the chorus is so amazing!

Old scars/Future hearts, this is a song that's always in my head, I love the starting to it, it's the heaviest song on the album an it has the same darkness to it as the first song does. It's the loudest and rowdiest as they protest to not being forgotten and take control of their lives. Throughout the whole album the songs seem to be for us, and about us -but this song really feels like their singing for themselves I could be completely wrong but that's how it feels. The song seems to end so quickly though, it's one of those songs that could go on forever and you'd never get bored of it. I'd actually love to see this one live (and missing you) I really think this would make a good live song, and it's such a good ending to the album.

That's all the songs from the album, it's honestly so good I recommend it 100%, even to people who aren't crazily into this kind of music it's just a great album generally. Especially the story behind it, the whole album encourages the fans to follow their dreams and break out their boxes and to bury their ghosts. But it's also so honest in the sense that it tells us how hard it is to do so, that we had those demons because we were meant to have them, and we have to face them head on which is mentioned in both missing you and cinderblock garden. The album is a story, and at the end with old scars/future hearts it's almost like that's the point of breaking loose, it's the angry burial of your demons which is why it's so loud and explosive because it's the beginning of the end of your demons. And with something's gotta give being at the start of the album, that's the point of realising something has to change because you're dying to live it's literally said in the lines "wake me up, say enough is enough" -then the rest of the album is about being woken up.
I feel like a genius right now, no one can probably follow what I'm trying to say, I over analyse everything. But I also read in an interview that the band was actually tying to tell a story with their album which isn't done so much anymore. And I love listening to albums and recreating their story... 

So basically that's my opinion on the album, I personally find it inspiring and the music is just really good and their voices and the bass! (and guitar solos) I love everything about it which is why I haven't stopped listening to it all week. 
Like I've said I'm not a music pro, I've never seen a 'music' review so I wouldn't know how to write it. But I really liked the album so I wanted to make a post similar to my 'currently listening to' posts but in more depth and I really enjoyed writing this. I might make more in the future. 5sos album two is on it's way... *hint hint* :D


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey