Get Ready With Me - OOTD With Friends

I promised this post two days ago, and it never happened... My life is just a MESS right now I am overloaded with the stress of college and my future and what the hell I want to be when I grow up. Surely as a 17 year old I should have made up my mind by now, everyone else is happily in their college years planning their future while I'm still sat fretting. I need to choose quick because if I want to stay in college applications are being sorted now -but I don't want to jump into another thing I'm not going to enjoy doing. My mind has been going crazy for weeks now and that could partly be why I'm not posting as well I don't know, I thought writing it out might help a bit. I know I'm not the only one who goes through this it's so hard having to choose one thing out of  possibly millions of others things, to do for the rest of your life. Especially at an age where you are still exploring yourself, where a lot of people are more interested in relationships, nights out and fun. It's a difficult age to be serious and make such impossible, life changing choices. Maybe I'm thinking too much into it and that's why I can't choose, I know whatever you choose you can walk away from and choose another path... I'm just scared of choosing the wrong path and not realising until it's too late.

That was deep, and I apolagise, I needed to write it aloud because writing it makes it more real and not a thought in my head which gets dwelled upon waaay too much and I always feel better for blurting things out so yeah. On with the post..
I was going to see a friend and I was getting ready and I thought hey, I'm going to make this into a blog post. So I took some photos and here's how I got readyyyy!


I started with washing my face, it was midday before I started getting ready but I have this thing where I need to have a clean face right before I do my makeup so no dirt can get under my
foundation before I apply it.


All my products are Simple, it's my favourite brand and it feels so good on my skin. I found 
this brush in my college kit (which we don't actually use at college) so I thought I'd try it
out, especially as my skin seems to be breaking out at the minute -something that has
never happened in my life I usually have quite good skin. So I used:
Simple cleansing lotion
Simple facial toner
Simple day cream (SPF 15)


What I wore on my face, I could have posted a picture of my actual face so you can see
what I did with the makeup but I'm really not good at taking photos of my face it's
something that will come with time I guess.


From my naked palette I used naked 2 over my entire lid and faint in my crease
In my Victoria Jackson palette I used the brown shadow to fill in my brows, then the blush and
bronzer to add colour and shape to my face.

For my nails I did them a matte nude, I am obsessed with making my nails matte at the minute
they look so good! I'm thinking of writing a post about how I do my nails/my go to nails
just because I seem to be turning into a nail person, which I've never been.


My outfit was simple as I was just going to a friends, as well as being awkwardly taken with my phone in a mirror with a really messy room featuring my baby. And I seem to have lost an arm
too...
I wore:
My beautifully ripped jeans that I wear everyday. Post on them "here"
Hakuna Matata shirt - Primark
Black high top converse (as usual)

I then ran out of time -it honestly takes me so long to get ready to go out. So I couldn't make my 
hair pretty like I wanted to. Instead I put it into my piggy plaits. I, am, obsessed with having
my hair like this at the minute I don't know why I just feel amazing when I wear it like this
and my now greenish hair looks so good weaving through it all. (Look at how pale my neck is!
I need some sun! We need summer!) (and my damaged ends, bleaching really isn't good for your 
hair, another post idea? ;) ) (not that bleached hair makes me look any less ginger anyways, more
 so off camera though..) 

So that's how I got ready! This post was so deep to begin with and I weren't going to post today, but blogging honestly puts me on such a high and I feel so much better. And now I'm motivated to tidy my room and have some cuddles with baby Alfie. I wanna do a post on Alfie too sometime, I might work on that now as well.


Shaan x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey