5SOS Money Reaction/Review

I have been pretty crap at posting at the minute. I think I'm going through a writer's block, because other times where I have periods of absence is because my blog isn't on my mind. But everyday I'm trying to think of something to post but nothing comes to mind... I could definitely think of something to whip up but I refuse to ever force myself to a post. If I ain't feeling it then I ain't feeling it and that's that. I think it's because I've had a bad week, I haven't gone out running (I tried to, but ended up at McDonald's for a second breakfast instead..) and I've been stuck in a lot and stressing over my future.
But today I've been vlogging. For no particular reason, I've been watching last years vlogmas from this new YouTube channel I'm really loving at the minute. Her name is sunbeamsjess and she is just my kind of person. Watching all her vlogs from her second channel (extrasunbeamsjess) has just given me the urge to vlog, and I've decided I'm going to do vlogmas, so I'm getting some practice in because I'm so so awkward. Talking to a camera is the scariest thing I've ever done, but I know I want this so I'm going to keep doing it until I'm perfect for vlogmas.

 But today's post, 5sos has dropped another song on us from their new album so I'm gonna do some talking about it.
I was up early tuning into Australian radio so I could catch the song as they played it for the very first time before it was released to people who had pre-ordered the album.
Here are my thoughts..
It's the opener for the album so it's upbeat and cheery to set the mood for the rest of what's coming.. It's generally repetitive, with a catchy chorus which is quite chanty because every single member is shouting it.
It has beautiful Michael vocals showing off the really raspy heaviness (as in weight, if that makes sense -which it doesn't.. not really)of his voice, it has beautiful Luke vocals, and of course an amazing solo from Calum. The guitar solo in this song is honestly what I'm living for though, it's so good and All Time Low-y.
The song's about them and their life, how touring is a party, how they like to party, and meeting girls.. but the girls they're talking about are fans. Everyone's freaking out saying it's a song about groupies, which it possibly could be. But I'm too focused on the fact that they're singing a song about partying with fans.. And everyone's favourite lyric "black jeans white tees black converse" and "blue hair blue eyes I saw her" ..a hell of a lot of people wore that outfit, with blue dyed hair at ROWYSO, I had the blue hair and the blue eyes, my best friend did too. And we're always wearing black jeans and converse.. The song was about 5sos, but it was about us, and I like that 5sos always combines us together.
There's not much I can really say about the song, it's just the catchy, power driven opener that explains exactly what kind of mood the album is going to be..
I love the song and I'm too freakin excited for October 23rd.


Shaan x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey