Currently Listening To...

Ugh I am miserable! My blogging was on a roll! I was posting so well and then I disappeared again.. I have been struck with a plague of an illness. I have no idea what the hell my body is playing at, I was down the hospital a few days ago because of these ghastly pains. But that is something I'm not going to talk about because I will be here for half an hour describing my anger towards the NHS. And this post isn't an NHS rant. It's a Monday kind of post. And with Monday's, come a playlist of music I've been listening to all week.
I am starting to feel better which is good, but the weather is making me feel poo, I am back to stressing about my future because new opportunities to get into college this year have arisen, and I have almost finished The Vampire Diaries, and I'm not sure what I can dedicate my life to after I've finished that..
But anyway, here's some songs I've been listening to this week.


The Girl Who Cried Wolf - 5sos, in my SKH EP version, I had two less songs than some people got. But these two songs are on the deluxe version of the SGFG album coming out very soon. So I listened to this song on YouTube (illegally like Michael told us to) and um wow. ok. It broke my heart. I was expecting it to be similar to Dancing With A Wolf by ATL, because of the similar titles. But I was very wrong. It's mostly acoustic, with a bit of electric guitar thrown in at various parts, it's slow and emotional, and there's strings in the back. Electric guitar and strings. Sounds beautiful together. But really, the main hype around this song is Michael's solo, he closes the song with this beautiful, broken, on-the-verge-of-tears, raspy voice. And every fan can agree that it honestly rips out your soul. When I heard it I was instantly covered in goosebumps, tears were flowing.. it just hit me right in the feels.

With Me - Sum 41, this song is just a great song. It's so well written and produced and the video is laid back and it's all real. I really miss songs like this, these kind of songs were what my childhood is made of, it seems so much more genuine than the songs you hear today.

Walking Disaster - Sum 41, following on the hype I've had with Sum 41 this week, this song is also really genuine, the lyrics are incredible and it relates to me in some ways, I've changed the perception of the song so it works for me.. if that makes sense.

Better Off Dead - Sleeping With Sirens, this was my first favourite from Madness until I properly listened to the rest of the album, and now there's a music video for it and I was so excited. At first I did not get the video at all, but someone suggested that it represents how things can look perfect on the outside until you go in and see it's actually a wreck. Which works with a lot of things. People, family homes, school, work etc... And I like that they used an older woman for it, not a teenager because it's showing that it's not just teenagers that get it rough.

I'm also starting to get into Against The Current at the minute, so far I've enjoyed listening to..
Fireproof - ATC

Gravity - ATC

See You Again - ATC (cover)

Uptown Funk - ATC, ~(cover ft. Set It Off), this is so good!

That's all I've really been listening to.. There's a few more I could put up but I'm really tired and ill today and I've got to do some stuff before I actually fall alseep..


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey