Currently Listening To Oldies Goldies...

I wasn't going to post a currently listening to this week because I've only really got one song to post about. But right now I'm having an 'oldies' marathon and it's making me feel so good I need to write a post about it.


I'll start with the song I've listened to all week which is:
Fight Song - Rachel Platten, this song is one of those that the modern day charts should be. It's powerful, meaningful, girl power pro, and it'll be stuck in your head all day. It's a song I'll definitely go to when I'm having a low self esteem day, it's definitely going to have that place in my heart forever. It's my kind of heart pouring, meaningful song.

Okay, the rest of the songs I'm listening to right now.
Poison - Alice Cooper, this song. It's too good. This kind of era and sound of music is just my entire childhood. This is the first music I knew, the first songs I'd be dancing to in the back of the car so hard I'd hit my head on the back of the seat and giggle, then get really dizzy and give myself a headache... ugh those were the days.

Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen, my dad has always said "you will never know what a concert is until you go to a Springsteen concert." whether that could ever beat ROWYSO I don't know, although I have a feeling an old school style concert will beat the atmosphere of any modern day concert.. I don't know, but I have a Springsteen album and this is my favourite song from it, it has such a cheery vibe that automatically puts me in a smiley mood. Songs don't do that these days. I don't listen to a song on the radio and get the atmosphere and vibes from older day songs.

November Rain - Guns N' Roses, this is such a great song. There's not many songs you can listen for 9 minutes without realising it, this song carries so much authenticness and realness.

Another Brick In The Wall - Pink Floyd, I don't know much about Pink Floyd, I probably know more than I think I do, as soon as I heard this I knew it was another childhood anthem. I actually remember a Saturday, my dad was working on his car, he'd come in, beer in his hand, shirt unbuttoned, and he played this song while I went berserk running circles round the coffee table dancing along. That's what a lot of my childhood consisted of and those are some of my greatest memories.

The Final Countdown - Europe, this song is everything! The tune of it has been on so many adverts it's become a mainstream thing, but the verses have that raw rockness, combined with this now mainstream tune. I love it, this song is going to be stuck in my head for so long now!

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen, this will remain one of the greatest songs in the world forever (or so I hope!). The genius way this song was written, it completely baffles me.

It's My Life - Bon Jovi, Bon Jovi are one of my favourite bands, this is my favourite song. This for me, is what rock is. Today's version with it's screamo, and sad lyrics.. I do listen to it but it doesn't compare anywhere near to this kind of sound, I don't think anything ever will. Next time Bon Jovi come to England I don't think there'll be a question as to whether I'll go see them or not.

Bed Of Roses - Bon Jovi, this is also one of my favourites, it's so raw and edgy and softer musically but harsher lyrically and vocally. It's amazing I love it.

Paradise City - Guns N' Roses, I don't know what to say to make me non repetitive... This is probably my mum's favourite song from these, she said the other day how disappointed she was that she never bought one of their albums.. that when I gently reminded her she did and I'm sure I saw a hint of that fangirl that is me 24/7.

Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen, this song is another classic favourite, it just has happy vibes. It's impossible not feel happy when you listen to any of his songs.

Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen, I'm done but I couldn't leave without adding this on.

Summer Of '69 - Bryan Adams, I'm having to edit this post because I cannot believe I missed this off! this is one the greatest songs ever!


I can literally go on forever but I'm going to leave it here so I can enjoy my 'oldies sesh' a bit longer before making some dinner. I'm planning an interesting post at the minute, it's going to be a long one but it's something I've had on my mind a while, and I thought today about turning it into a post... I think if I can get it right it will make an interesting read..


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey