Currently Listening To...

I really, really don't have many songs to talk about. There's only really been one song that has made my entire week, it's been on constant, constant repeat, there's been  few other songs I've listened to, but most has already been spoken about during the past few weeks.


No One's here To Sleep - Naughty Boy ft. Bastille, not a massive Naughty Boy fan (musically speaking) but this song is all I've listened to all week! At first I didn't even like it, and I'm still not sure if I even do, it's weird, it feels spooky and slightly eerie, it feels like a story being told in a dodgy hotel where there's secrecy and conspiracies going on in all the rooms. I feel like this song is Dan all over. It's cinematic, and creepy, and tells a story. Everything Dan is. The reason I'm so hooked on the song is because of how beautiful Dan's vocals are, it's such a high toned song but he sings it deep, from the high scale -I don't know the technical term for it. His voice goes so well with the track, and it shows off his powerful semi-long notes which I love in songs.

Love Me - The 1975, it will take me an eternity to make my mind up about this band. All I know is that I love this song. I sing it all the time. The band are just trashing today's generation and pop culture in a light hearted way and it's so good. I do love artists who refuse to conform to the music industry, not just because of the things that's said, because the industry is about money and nothing else, real music gets lost when people become big and get signed to bigger labels.

Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran, this is a song that I haven't listened to in years. I listened to it the other day and it managed to hit me with all the feels all over again. This was -and still is my favourite Ed Sheeran song. I used to listen to this when I had silly boy crushes and I'd listen to the lyrics and pretend it was me and a boy with his 'heart on my chest'. Ed Sheeran has this perfect amount of emotion and desperation to his voice in this song that really makes you feel what he's singing. For me also, it's the drum going throughout the song, it makes it feel like the song is part of my body. It's so genius, and every time I revisit it I am always brought back to the place I first heard it, and I still feel all the feels this song makes you feel.

Falling - Bastille ft. To Kill A King's Ralph, this song is a mashup of Falling from Twin Peaks, and Laura Palmer from Bastille. The first half of the song is sung by Ralph with hints of Dan in the background, Ralph has a really old style to his voice, it's deep and calm. When Dan comes in on the next part of the song it sound so good, like a breath of freshness after Ralph's part. Then they both sing together and they're voices are so strangely matched and compliment each others. I'm forever listening to this I love it, and with the transition into Overjoyed at the end, which fits so well the song you wouldn't actually notice the change if you didn't know Bastille.

That's it, I literally haven't been listening to much this week, just No One's Here To Sleep over and over.
A note from yesterday's post, I woke up today ready to leave the house and do something, but as chance would have it I've fallen desperately ill. I'm feeling a bit better after taking the last of the Lemsip tablets (and having them get lodged in my chest and throat until they fully dissolved) which is why I've managed to get this post up quickly. But how's that for life getting back at you? You decide to take a stand and suddenly you are plagued with another illness, just days after recovering from the last.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey