Living With Kittens Is Like...

I did a post back in August about my kittens, I wrote a little about their personalities and who they were, the title of that post was 'crazy cat lady!?' because I became absolutely infatuated with my kittens, this post is a confirmation of crazy cat lady. But after a few months of raising two rambunctious kittens I thought I'd do a write up of everything I've learnt so far, and a bit of an update on their personalities, but mostly I just want to speak about my favourite little ones.

Mikey went for his sperm removal operation on Tuesday, in which he wasn't allowed breakfast beforehand. He came back absolutely starving trying to help himself to the cat food. He had a little bandage of his leg from a pre-op injection he was given, and he was so delirious form the anesthetic as well as hungry, that he ate some of his bandage. I tried to take it out of his mouth before he swallowed it, where he realised eating the bandage was something he shouldn't do. So he looked at me, a cheeky glint in his eye, and slurped up the remaining piece of bandage like spaghetti and swallowed it. Because he knew I was coming to take it out of his mouth.
Cats are devils. They're like four year old naughty children, they know when they're doing something wrong and they will challenge you to make them stop doing whatever they're doing.


They're new favourite game is to sit at the foot of my bed, poke their paws under the quilt and gently dab and scratch at my feet while I'm asleep. I happen to have extremely ticklish, sensitive feet, in which I won't let anyone touch them. It is natural instinct for me to kick at anyone who tries touching them. So when my cats are waking me up at 5am because they're poking my feet or sticking their claws inside me.. my goodness does it infuriate me (I'm also terribly moody if woken before I'm ready to be awake) especially when they don't listen to me when I tell them to stop. Over and over again.

A few nights ago both of them wouldn't settle. It was about 12am and they were chasing each other all over the house, under my bed, on top of my bed, into my sleeping brother's room, on his bed, onto his window ledge, onto his wardrobe, back onto his bed, back into my room, on my bed, under my bed, the cycle goes on. I fiiiinally managed to get them to stop running around, so instead the walked across my units in my room knocking everything off, eventually they calmed, but when I woke the next morning my cactus was on the floor -mud ev-er-ry-where.

Then there's the fact they keep walking on the kitchen worktops no matter how much you shout at them, or the fact the keep trying to eat the hamster and the gerbil, and my rabbit who is currently twice their size..

And the peeing in the bath!? Why do they keep peeing in the bath!?
*I took this as quick as I could before she moved which is why there's a slight blur*

This is what it's like living with cats, Lillie tries to climb up me when I feed them and my legs are scratched up to hell, and don't get me started on tying my shoe laces in the morning, wow!
But, cats are amazing. They love to curl up with me while I blog or watch Netflix, they follow me round the house -without getting in my way, they're so good at cuddling! Mikey will have these moments where he's so happy to get attention that he'll rub his entire body into your fussing hand so hard that he'll often fall over, he actually lost his footing and did a roly poly off my bed the other day.  And when you can't sleep, they know, and you'll feel little paws making their way up your body, then a little purring face will peep over the top of your quilt and they'll come and snuggle with you until you fall alseep. They like to watch TV with you. They stare at you with such admiration in their eyes, like they're pouring their soul out into yours, and it's such a precious feeling. They do absolutely hilarious things like trying to jump on something and slipping, balancing on something then falling off, or just in the way they act when they stick their nose in the air and sway their hips like Beyonce. Or Lillie! She always wags her tail like a dog would..
And just watching cats play is the most entertaining thing in the world.


Yes, cats are stubborn, they are independent and sassy and full of character, they are an absolute handful. But they're also so very caring and loving and tolerant of excited five year old's. I do love them so. And I am utterly a crazy cat lady.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey