Happy Halloween From Jack Skellington

I'm struggling to write this post, I'm thinking of different ways I could do it, the direction of the post has changed completely.. All I want to do is write about what I did on Halloween!!
Maybe it has something to do with this awful lack of sleep I'm having at the minute. I've gone from going bed at 8pm, straight to bed at 2pm. I don't know how I've done it, I just know that my body wants to -and keeps sleeping in 'till midday.
All I kept thinking about this Halloween is 'Oh my God that happened last year we...' but I was speaking like it was yesterday, and then I realised that it what in fact a whole year since last Halloween. And I remember it all like it was yesterday. And it made me sad, because this year is different from last year.
But this year, my Halloween makeup was badass. Not compared to a lot of people's, but we shouldn't compare to people, my makeup was good, I've never done anything but ordinary makeup, it was actually my first time using face paint -ever. Which is odd, how I can go 17 years without ever using face paint... I'm rambling!
This is what I looked like for Halloween


Horrible pictures I know, and awful roots which need re-dying, and also awful hair which needs straightening. But good makeup. The mouth looked a lot better in person though, and so did the eyebrows as they had been contoured to add definition to the look. Also, actually, the shape of the eyes were better but whatever.
I'd been looking at tons of tutorials for this look over the past probably two weeks, but aside from that I did this from memory, and a photo of Jack Skellington. Which is what I was roughly going for. I wasn't going to be him because I don't have a pin stripe suit lying about the house (costume was kind of last minute and DIY) but he was the kind of skeleton look I was going for.

 I really want to post my outfit but my USB just isn't working. So imma talk through it instead. I wore leggings and a black shirt. The outfit itself was inspired by Bastille's Flaws video (as below). I didn't have a shirt like that so I wore a black shirt, cut some bone shaped material out of it and had on a white vest underneath. Then I cut up and old pair of leggings to look like the below picture and paired it with my Doc Martens. 

So that's what I wore, what I looked like, on Halloween. 
I've decided to try a thing. One of my favourite bloggers is copying Louise (sprinkle of glitter) and posting every day of November. I've posted everyday this week, and I enjoyed it, so I think I want to do the same. I don't know if it will work, I don't know if I'll have things to talk about everyday, although I can be very opinionated, so maybe I'll have some one sided debates. I dunno, but I like a challenge, and I like words. So I'm gonna try it.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey