Christmas Lights Switch On 2015

It's Monday, I just had to double check that, but it is in fact, Monday. And I'm always excited for Mondays because Mondays are Currently Listening To days, and last week I didn't really have much to say about music I've been listening to.. and this week.. well, I have nothing at all. I haven't been listening to much music this week which is weird. I've revisited the Future Hearts album, I've listened to a lot of Sounds Good Feels Good album, some Christmas songs -which I won't talk about because I'm doing a special Christmas songs post, and TWO Bastille songs. In full shamefulness, it's because I've spent every resting minute watching Sherlock episodes. Yes, I know I said it took less than 24 hours to finish them -so I can't possibly still be watching them can I? Well, I really like them and I'm not bored of them so I keep rewatching them...

So this post isn't about music, or Sherlock, it's about Christmas. I freakin' love Christmas. The last two years haven't felt like Christmas which made me feel really sad, and I'm not feeling festive yet, but I'm feeling excited and that's better than nothing. Last night Town had their Christmas lights switch on. And I did a post last year about Christmas lights, but it's not as good as this years. I've never been to the actual switch on, until yesterday that is. I took so many great photos, mostly of this huge ferrace wheel that had been put into town, but obviously my USB isn't working and I'm so sad because the I'm really happy with the photos!
An hour later -I've managed to get my USB working! I don't know if it's fixed, or just working for me because it agrees that my photos were alright. For my standards may I just point out.
Before the photos, I'll talk about the day. I took a photo with Santa inside a snow globe, which the photo is now inside a real snow globe, and not going up on the blog. Then we went into the Disney shop and drooled over the Christmas PJs and blanket throws before heading out to the lights. They usually get radio presenters down to put on a little bit of a show while kids sit on dad's shoulders with flashing glow sticks and earmuffs and bobble hats, some people had tinsel round their necks -I don't want to think about how uncomfortable that must have been.There was a countdown from ten and then town was lit up with overhead lights and Mariah Carey in our ears.
After that things got complicated. Town hall square has better lights and nativity scenes which everybody wants to get to after the lights are turned on, however there could have been up to a thousand people there, and it became very crowded and squishy, very quickly.
We crawled out of town hall square and decided on some festive Starbucks. My second ever Starbucks since my existence, I got a gingerbread latte and I thought I was eating a Christmas candle.
Not because it tasted of wax... You know when you smell a Christmas candle that's so good you want to eat it? Now you simply just have to take yourself to Starbucks. They got you covered.
I kept the cup. I feel like that's probably a really lame thing to do, but I don't have a Christmas candle just yet so I like to smell it every now and then and think of Christmas.
We finished the night by taking a trip on the ferrace wheel, which was really high, but I weren't scared because I live for adrenaline.
I took this in the car as we were passing, while it was still daylight.
The Highcross looks so festive I had to take a very similar photo from the one I took last year, right at the bottom you can see Santa's grotto in the form of a snow globe.
 Before the switch on, still vague daylight and the stage of which radio presenters did their job.
 15 minutes later, the difference in darkness in 15 minutes. 




 Liiiittle bit fustrated that the lights had to blur in every photo, this happened last year too. But it kind of makes for a cooler photo.
 In my defense though, we were walking whilst taking photos.


 This fountain is probably one of my favourite things about my city. As a child I used to beg for my mum's spare change to throw inside, and she'd have to drag me away after ages of just watching the water flow through.
 A brass band was playing in town hall square as part of the salvation army. I don't know much about the salvation army but I did feel good donating the contents of all the spare change into their donation box along with many others.


 Here's where I'm quite happy at my photography, I love the photos I took of the ferrace wheel.


 The perspex glass didn't make for much of a clear view, but you can the city nonetheless.


 There is a hair on my knee and I can't un-see it and it's really bugging me!


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey