Sometimes You Just Gotta Put On A Dress And Tell Yourself You're Beyonce

I was feeling a bit better today, and so I decided to go out somewhere, I weren't sure where until my mum came home on her lunch break and I was asking for my library card (I can't be trusted to keep it safe myself).

So I put on some makeup, a winter dress, some tights, and boots -left my hair because it needs washing and grabbed my earphones and backpack before heading out the door. The library is about a 20 minute walk from the house, I usually walk further than that when I decide to get out the house, and if I had more time perhaps I'd have gone somewhere else afterwards..
When I got to the library I headed straight to the 'teenage' section because that's where they put the Hunger Games books if they have them in. And I'm desperate to read the last two!
Instead of the Hunger Games, there was a beautiful array of all the Darren Shan Demonata series, up to book 9! Was I not speaking the other week at how much I'm loving these books at the minute!? So I picked up every single one that I haven't read yet, scanned them through, and was so excited I pretty much ran home. 
Until, of course, I realised I had rubbed my feet raw with blisters. Because I left the house with tights and boots -with no socks. Hobbling along after that then caused my hip to give up on me -and I ended up crippling my way home. 
It didn't down-hearten my mood, I came rushing in my house, greeted my dog, boiled the kettle, and settled down with a peppermint tea and the first of my books.
I've just passed the halfway mark in the first book I'm reading, I'll finish it tonight, and whether I'll start the next one, or wait until tomorrow, depends on what time I finish it.
I'm a really fast reader which annoys me because I rush through books too quickly, if I'm really, really enjoying a book and I get completely submerged into it, I want it to be savoured and drawn out, but I can finish a book in an hour depending on it's size, Darren Shan books last me about two to three hours. Some people spend weeks on books, I remember it taking me months to read Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer when I was younger. 

I've now taken off my makeup, put on my pjs, found out that The All American Rejects have released a new song and it's amazing, I'm quickly writing this post which has turned out to be longer than I thought it would, then I'm going to finish this book, maybe -maybe not start a new one..
I'm in a good mood today because I wore makeup, and a dress. I haven't wore a full face of makeup in so long, and I didn't realise how much I missed it. Which is what the title of this post relates back to. That some days you have to put on makeup and fancy clothes, it makes you feel on top of the world because you know you look good. And because it's okay to see someone you may know on the streets.
I'd add photos of all my books but, broken USB, but I have a photo on here of a book I read in summer. Just so the post isn't bare.



Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey