Bonfire Night Shenanigans

Can I just say the sky looks pretty damn beautiful right now. I know it won't show up on a camera because it just never does it in the right way, which is annoying me a little bit because I want to take 50 photos of it and post those photos everywhere. It's starting to get dark and the sky has split into layers of lilac, pink, and blue-that-isn't-sky-blue, then grey. And the clouds are ombre'd between fluffy clouds and rain clouds, and there's a grey mist over the whole sky so the colours are all blending into each other. It looks amazing.
I've decided against this post a day thing for November because I don't want to push my creativity to the point I run dry. Not that I'm exactly creative on here. More with personal writing, but it's mainly because I'm really not having a great time of things and I'm so sick of writing posts that turn out really horrible, because I'm in a horrible mood. I didn't start a blog to share miserable-ness you know? So I'm going to post as I have been all year. Until Blogmas that is.

Three days ago was Guy Fawkes day, more commonly known as firework/bonfire night. I didn't even know what a Guy Fawkes was. Can you believe we weren't even taught it at school? We may -but very most probably not, have other plans for bonfire night over the weekend but we've already done our celebrating, which as it happens, was a really good night -despite my awful mood. As soon as I got into it and the bonfire was lit I was my happy self again. I love bonfires, proper ones, the ones that tower high and warm up the entire crowd and burn off the skin on my face (almost) and blow up clothes (almost). And I love fireworks because I love the sky, and the stars, and clouds, and lanterns, so anything lighting up the sky can be added to my list of things I love to do with the sky. I don't like the noises they make though. I'm okay with the fizzles and crackles but the bangs and the thuds that shake the ground and make my heart vibrate a little are horrible! And the whistles some of them make just hurt my poor ears. Aside form that I love them, and the smell after they've blown up and the smoke floats down. We went to a display that our village puts on (how British), and there were a few rides for kids, a burger stand, and lots of beer in plastic cups. 
After the display we had to be quick to get home because we didn't want to leave my cats and the dog alone for too long because one cat and the dog is terrified of fireworks.
After we got back, we snuck out to the chippy for some chips, a kebab, and coke. (How British.)
Then, I was absolutely stuffed and crawled into bed with my kitties.

I have loads of photos of fireworks and fire and burning ash in the air, but I've been here for hours trying to get the photos up. I have two different USB leads and neither are working. I don't know why :( so let's imagine lots of pretty photos have gone up. Not to leave the post completely bare though: here's something lovely off of google images.



Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey