Real Life Ghost Stories

I wrote this out two days ago and I was supposed to post it yesterday but it got so late so fast and my laptop was dead, and downstairs, and it never got round to being posted. But it was so good, there's no way I'm not posting it. So there's two posts today. Pretend that this is still Halloween.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I said I weren't going to post today, and technically I'm not. I've just posted my Halloween playlist and I thought of a really good idea. And I need to do this! So I'm pre-writing it and I'll post it at some point tomorrow.
I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't believe in ghosts. I see 'ghosts' as a factual existence rather than a theory of estimation. Especially because I've had many encounters, as has my mum. So as it's Halloween, I want to share some of my ghost stories.

I'll start with the creepiest. My mum and dad was at a party years before I was born, and they played on a Ouija board. My dad's mum had passed away previous to this game. And my dad had also recently bought a white car.
At this party, people were asking questions, and this 'ghost' answered in a way that felt like my dad's mum. When my dad finally asked a question, the smell of his mum's perfume filled the air and the 'ghost' answered with "don't drive a white car".
He ignored what was said, and a few weeks later, he crashed the car and it was wrote off.
This is genuinely a true story. And if you don't believe in ghosts after that then.. you crazy.

I'm convinced there's a ghost in my bedroom right now, not now, this current moment now -but now. Because things fall that shouldn't fall, something quite often touches me in the night, not a simple brush or feathery touch -something harshly hits me. Which yes, could be a figure of my imagination, I genuinely couldn't tell you. I did have a heart attack the other night, I tried to turn over in my sleep and couldn't, because something was holding down my quilt. I cannot describe how scared I was. I sneakily turned over and buried myself under the covers to be safe (y'know because nothing can get you from under the covers)

When I was about three and my sister was 18 months, we'd moved house and my sister was out into a room at the front of the house. Every night she would scream and scream and scream and refuse to sleep, my mum couldn't understand why because all of us have always been good sleepers as babies. So she swapped bedrooms with her to see if it made a difference. And she slept solidly after that. It's been said that babies have the sixth sense, like animals. But when my mum was in that room, she said every night she heard the floorboards creaking and the carpet muffling like someone was coming towards her bed..

At the age of 4-8ish we lived in another house, which wasn't haunted, but quite often the lounge door would burst open (a pretty solid door away from any drafts of gusts of wind) and the room would fill with my dad's mum's perfume.

Ghosts are presumed/proven/said to cold, and if you were to feel one, all you would feel was a deathly coldness in the air. This one isn't much but one of my mum and dad's first places they lived in, there was one patch on the stairs that had an eerie darkness to it, everywhere else was fine except from this one spot, and if you ever walked through it, you'd be filled with this deathly darkness. Like a ghost was staying there.

Another rubbish one but one of my favourite stories my mum told me. Another place that my mum and dad owned, there was this washing basket that creaked like hell. Why would a washing basket creak? My mum said it really wasn't nice, so they hid the basket in a cupboard and never went near it again. Then one night my mm and dad were watching TV and my mum left to go toilet, once she'd finished she snuck out the toilet and grabbed the basket and started pulling it out of shape so it would creak. She says my dad crapped his pants so hard.

That's a few stories about real life ghost encounters. I hope every single person in the world has an amazing Halloween, and is asleep by midnight so they aren't turned into a frog by those witches that roam around this one time of the year. So my mum always told me.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey