Blogmas Day 13: Baby It's Cold Outside

I wasn't going to post until tomorrow where I would have had enough time to explain what the hell is going on with Blogmas right now, but I got an idea for a post and I'm feeling happy right now, and I got excited over God knows what and my fingers were itching to type up a post. I will briefly say I stopped posting because I had a moment where I let everything crush me, but I'm (praying, JESUS CHRIST I'M PRAYING) that I've come out of it and I can do what I need to.
So for Blogmas, I was going to write out every post I've missed and just BAM BAM BAM whack 'em all out one by one all in one day, but then I realised how silly that would be and I should probably just pretend I wrote on the days I missed and continue like nothing happened.
So this is day 13.

Today was a good day, I've been trying to get a certain someone into twenty one pilots and today I introduced her to Kitchen Sink (which is the best song they've done, it hits me with every single feel I was given in life). She is now obsessed with the song and I'm pretty sure she'll be obsessed with them as a whole soon.

This post is about things/activities you can do at Christmas time when it's cold outside or you have winter blues and you need a little pick me up. Because I had the sudden urge to invite friends round the house and do lots and lots of Christmassy things. Which is why most of my ideas are all about inviting people over.



  • When you put up your Christmas decorations call over a friend and make a girly day out it, put on the Christmas songs, make a bomb hot chocolate and drink it while hanging up decorations and just get crazy and make it become a special memory. Because those kind of things are the greatest things.
  • Look back through old home movies. My mum has one of those old video cameras, you know when they used to have a flip out screen and were the size of two conjoined bricks? And she videos of me on my third Christmas... my school nativity play... there's all sorts on there, and Christmas is always that time of year when family memories are resurfaced. So make a thing out of it, make some popcorn, watch back the home movies and have a right old giggle.
  • Have a gingerbread house making competition, get loads of people involved, obviously keep the Christmas songs going, and just try to make the best gingerbread house. Winner gets to choose the next Christmas song. What's a better prize than that?
  • Just to shake up Christmas card writing/present wrapping, invite a friend or family member over and do it together, then you can go have a coffee date and drink a festive drink from a festive menu at a coffee shop. Because Christmas menus is what makes Christmas worth it.
  • Go ice skating, beating winter blues by facing it head on and making something fun out of it is like punching Mr Winter Blue in the face and showing him that you can still have fun in the cold. Even if you can't ice skate it's always just a fun thing to do. I've ice skated on fake ice and on a real ice rink outdoors and I thought I was pretty good until last year when I went to a real, sports ice rink and realised that I had either lost my knack, or that it's a lot harder on a sports rink...
  • Build a massive fort, make lots of snacks, invite friends for a sleepover, or just roll this one alone, and watch movies, Christmas movies, all day.
  • Have a clear out of things and give away all, no longer wanted items to charities and people who need it more than you. Just because it's the season of the giving. And because, good deeds, good karma. 

Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey