Blogmas Day 19: Festivities

I didn't forget to post yesterday, I was writing out a post, which I had to stop halfway through because I was meeting someone, who in the end I didn't meet, and then I was watching the Star Wars films, and then it was one in the morning and I was sleeping. I was going to finish yesterday's post and post that today but I had a good day and I just want to talk about that instead because for the first time since December I'm feeling Christmassy and I wanna talk about it!


I woke up pretty late today. At 5 minutes to noon. I went down for breakfast, and had one of those moments where you just bond with your siblings suddenly. Siblings will know what I mean. And I decided I wanted to do something with my brother all day. So we built some Lego (bearing in mind he's five). For some reason Lego always feels really Christmassy, and I think it's because as a child I used to go to this amazing toy shop in town which had this train track going all across the ceiling and it would come out the shop where a little train would drive past the shop's logo. Every Christmas they would build something ridiculously good out of Lego in the display window which we would always stare at with awe... my favourite thing they ever built was Hagrid from Harry Potter.
While me and my brother were Lego-ing, my mum was setting up the Christmas table. Every year my mum does a display of food on the dining table, with a Christmas table cloth and decorations, it's all done to perfection, and then we have to sit and look at all the food we can't eat until it's time to open the Christmas food. Luckily that was today. We officially got to open the Christmas food. I have so far eaten, two gingerbread men, a brownie, a scone, and chocolate box chocolates. I feel that is a reasonable amount for the first day.
Me and my brother then watched Shrek, which was my absolute favourite film when I was a kid, and I genuinely think it is the best fairy-tale that has ever been made. When people ask "what's your favourite Disney princess" I always want to say Fiona, but she's not Disney so it doesn't work.
We also watched Shark Tale which has also always been my favourite, because even as a tiny wee child, I have been in love with Will Smith.
And watching these films made me feel Christmassy because I feel like what makes Christmas magic, magic is the child in you. So reliving child memories makes me feel Christmassy because it's sparking the childish magic within me. (cue absolute cheeseball)
I've just eaten dinner where afterwards we ate some more food, where afterwards I ate the first handful of peanuts of the season. Peanuts is what sums up Christmas. Peanuts and Baileys.
I'm now blogging and spending some time with my kittens because they're not allowed downstairs when the Christmas tree is up because they have t-rashed the tree.
And then I'm going to catch up on some vlogmas before sleeping relatively early so I can wake up early.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey