Blogmas Day 20: The Story Of My Favourite Christmas Day

Christmas is in five days. Okay. So, where did the rest of December go? I don't understand how it's come round so fast. And I've done nothing Christmassy. I'm growing up and I hate it.
Today I had a really good day, I was round some people who reminded me what exactly I want out of life. We were driving home and I was watching the streetlights out the window and smiling thinking of the day I can finally get out of this town. I met a guy today who liked twenty one pilots and recognised something I was saying about 5sos and told me he loved them. I about died. I did die. For three seconds. And then I controlled myself and calmly explained why my cat is named after one of the members.
So anyways, today I realised it was five days until Christmas and I was thinking about Christmas related things, and my favourite Christmases, and thought hey, imma talk about my fave Christmas on my blog then I realised I don't have one favourite day, I have two. So I'm going to talk about two Christmas days.

First one, I've spoken briefly about before, I was quite young and my mum went completely overboard with the presents. we had thousands spent on us. we had so many presents, then so much of every single present. For example the dressing up. We had so many dress up outfits. Mini Baby Born's had come out that year and my mum bought us almost every set out there. We had dolls, Baby Annabel, a huge pushchair, Monster's Inc characters.. I couldn't even name everything if I tried.
Because we were so young. I was five I think, I don't remember much about the day, it's just stands out from others because it was so ridiculously well done, and there's lots of photos from that day which hang on my bedroom all now.

My other favourtie day, is my actual favourite day, I don't remember anything about what presents we got, though I'm pretty sure it was lots of Littlest Pet Shop, Sylvanian Families and Jungle In My Pocket, as well as a looot of Bratz dolls (which were our favourite toy)
But what made this day so special is that.. it was either one or two years after my mum and dad had split up, This was back when EVERY one of us got along,  my dad had come over for what was only supposed to be a few hours, but turned into him staying the entire day. It was the first family situation we had since they split and everything felt so perfect, my mum was happy, my dad was happy.
I remember me and my sister were in the lounge eating Christmas chocolate and playing with our presents, while my mum was cooking us all our special Christmas day breakfast, and my dad was in the kitchen with her and they were talking about things, about life.
I was trying to listen through the wall when I called over my sister and whispered to her that I thought I could hear them kissing. Of course they were not. I was just beyond happy to be part of a family again. And I had to take myself away to have a little happy cry because everything felt so perfect.
It was more perfect than previous Christmases when my parents were together because we weren't used to family situations anymore, and to suddenly have it come back, on Christmas day of all days... Everyone in the house felt it. Just the chemistry and the history in the room with my parents being together again... As much as nobody gets on these days, whenever my mum and dad are face to face with each other you can always see them slightly glow. Not because they love each other, but because they share so much history with each other. They will be familiar with each other forever.
And as their child, I don't think I there's much more magic in the world than seeing your parents glow round each other. Even when you know they can't get back together, and don't want them to.. I can't really describe the way it makes me feel. Maybe people who have been in situations similar to this will understand where I'm coming from.

I'm not sure any Christmas will ever be able to beat that one.



Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey