Blogmas Day 3: Christmas Coffees

As I mentioned in my previous post, cafes and coffee shops this time of year are magical. They hold so much atmosphere that suits the festive period so well, and dressed up coffee shops with their glitter and festive colours just look pretty damn amazing. It's the big thing right now to do festive flavoured drinks at Christmas time, Starbucks being the favoured place to go alongside Costa and other coffee selling outlets.
When I walk into a coffee shop I am overwhelmed with choices, coffees and hot chocolates added with extra flavourings associated with all things Christmas. It's a bit of an odd thing to do a post about, but it's Christmassy, and I'm absolutely obsessed with them -Christmas drinks that is. So I'm going to talk about it.

I think a lot of it is in the mind. You have to believe you are drinking a Christmas drink. Because essentially it all tastes like coffee, with a bit of a twist to it. The Gingerbread Latte at Starbucks was probably the most flavoursome I've had because, as I've stated before, it tastes like a Christmas candle! And they went the extra mile with squirty cream and nutmeg on top.
At Costa I had the Salted Caramel Cappuccino and I was expecting it to be a lot greater than it was, it almost tasted like average coffee, but I guess you can't expect it to taste like salted caramel because you're not eating salted caramel, you're drinking a coffee.
I had a Toffee Latte at McDonalds with a meal last week and that tasted pretty good, like coffee, but something more. I find that the McCafe range is actually pretty good considering it's McDonald's..

That's all I've tried so far from the Christmas drinks of the world, but with December only starting I'm sure there'll be more coffee dates and Christmas drinks. I'm keen on trying the Eggnog Latte at Starbucks for some reason, I don't even know what eggnog is but I'm being drawn to the drink. I also want to try something mulled, I've never heard of the word "mulled ___" before this year and everyone seems obsessed with it so I want to give it a go.
Here's some of the things coffee shops are selling over Christmas:

Starbucks
Honey And Almond Hot Chocolate
Toffee Nut Latte
Gingerbread Latte
Eggnog Latte

This is what's available in UK Starbucks. And um, excuse me, but why does Australia and the Philippines get Christmas Cookie Latte!? I need a cookie flavoured latte in my life.


Costa
Gingerbread And Cream Latte
Salted Caramel Cappuccino
Caramel Fudge Hot Chocolate
Black Forest Hot Chocolate
Mulled Winter Fruits

Cafe Nero
Amaretto Latte
Praline Latte
Winter Berry Latte
Spiced Orange Latte

McCafe
Vanilla Latte
Toffee Latte

I'm really liking the Cafe Nero menu, I've never actually been in there but I might have to now, they look really good! Anyway, this was just a little discussion about something I'm very much obsessed with at the moment, it might not make much sense to blog about Christmas flavoured coffee, but then it also could make all the sense in the world... I'm very much looking forward to future coffee dates.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey