Blogmas Day 23: Bit Of A Chat

I know I'm awful. I haven't forgotten to post, I didn't want to post two days ago, and then yesterday I was going to post but I was out until midnight, and I'm trying really hard to get into a better sleeping routine so the second I got in I ran straight to bed.
Christmas is only in two days, and for the first time ever I'm excited because I can't wait for my presents. Normally I'm excited for the day as a whole but this year I'm just not feeling it, but I know I've got everything I want -well not everything, but everything I have is stuff I desperately want. So I love every single present I have. In our house, presents work by writing a list of everything we want, my mum will inspect it and tell us what she has money for (because my list can easily be £3000 worth.) and we'll narrow everything down until we decide what to get and then we'll go shopping and get everything, and put it away for Christmas. Where I tend forget everything I wanted until Christmas morning.
Every year I always get things I want for Christmas, but this year there was only two things I wanted, a camera and a record player, and I could only choose one, because we can't afford both. So with the rest of the Christmas money I chose things that I've always wanted, so instead of getting things I just wanted in December 2015, I'm getting what I've been after for the whole of 2015, and previous years because I never thought about getting these things before.

But anyways, today's post. I could write about Christmas, you know, because it's in TWO DAYS but I just wanna chat about things, so I'm just gonna sit and chat.
This past month/month and a half my life has took a turn for absolute hellish worse which I'm pretty sure is the reason I'm not into Blogmas, or Christmas at all. And I'm also pretty sure it's been noticeable on my blog, I can't remember if I wrote posts about how awful I felt or not.
But I want to say that I'm feeling much better now, these two people who I keep referring to on this blog, the ones who recently came back into my life, have become very important people for me. I'm having people to talk to all the time, I'm going out and meeting them all the time, I'm putting on makeup and nice clothes to see them and they've also reminded me of exactly who I am, I've been so tucked away in my room that I've become a different person, and they're reminding me of my dreams, and all the things I want to accomplish. Which is why I can't wait for new year to start, because I'm going to actually sort my life out.
I don't even want to think about the amount of end of year posts I want to do. I'm very, very happy to see the end of 2015.

But this is not what I came onto my blog to talk about. I want to talk about yesterday's shenanigans.
We went round to see a family friend, and I always get nervous to go round to see them because their eldest child is the same age as me and when we were little we were very close and now we're awkward teenagers who can barely say hello to each other. But we get over our awkwardness eventually and it always ends up being a good time when I go round. This particular time though, was my favourite. Because, I'm so shy, and quiet, and awkward, and it takes a lot of time for me to come out of my shell, and this particular time they had bought those Bean Boozled jelly beans, you know the ones from YouTube. And I have aaaaalways wanted to try them! So we did the Bean Boozled challenge and I surprised everyone by absolutely slaying every flavour. Although can we talk about that dog food flavour. It was that bad, my breath stunk the room out and everyone was choking. Let alone what I was going through!
I then went up against the boy who is my age and beat him, and my mum who.. I think we drew.
But I was so geared up and ready and completely out of my shell it was so good.
No one expecting me to be so tough and non-girly and they kept calling me bad ass and hardcore and I felt like I did feminism good.
When it was time to come home, we walked out the door and I heard "hey Shannon, thanks for the laugh tonight" AND I FELT ON TOP OF THE WORLD.
Times like these make me thankful for coming out of my bubble.
The Bean Boozled Challenge is somewhere on Facebook but I can't find it on anyone's profile which sucks because I really want to watch it.
I also happened to land myself in the position where I watched Home Alone three times in one day yesterday.
So I had a good day.


Shaan x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey