Farewell 2015, A Year In Pictures

This year had started standing outside in white socks which were getting soggy from the wet ground, as me and my best friend and her family stared up at the sky to watch it being filled with an array of colourful lights and loud bangs and fizzles, our heads were woozy with alcohol and we high off of music and fun.
This year was the first time I'd ever set myself resolutions I aimed to achieve. Because it was the beginning of this year that I lost my fear for what people thought of me (although I do care what people think, I just don't fear it)
This was the year I really started to find myself as a person. It has definitely been the toughest year of my life to date, dealing with the 'too old to be a child, too young to be anything else' phase has been bloody awful. Deciding how to have a financially decent future whilst keeping myself in a career I love and could do for the rest of my life has been the very thought that tortured my happiness this year.
But I ended this year as an 18 year old, and things are suddenly clicking into place, I have a very set but flexible plan for 2016, one to ensure I live life to it's fullest, and this plan is already on it's way, so this one is not one of my "genius Shannon things that fall flat on it's face after three hours" but the real deal.
I'm surrounded by hope, and people who make me feel infinite, happy, and myself.
So this is my year in pictures.

(pictures which have been taken on a multitude of devices, and range in quality, and have black borders because someone forgot to edit them)
2015 started with little snow but a very harsh winter of bitter coldness, where I spent too much time stuck at bus stops in not enough layers.





In 2015 we welcomed three new members into the family. Two of which became my absolute babies and cuddle me 28 hours of the day. Although only one is sat at my feet right now snuggling my Christmas chocolate...


2015 was a year I experimented and trusted what I wanted, a year I leaped out of my comfort zone, and reflected my inner personality to my outer physical appearance -meaning my hair colour.   

There was a lot of beauty in 2015...

...And a whole lot of disasters.

There were challenges,..

Hard work,..

And a whole lot of happiness.


There were lots of country-but-local-walks.


There were lots of new adventures,

I was also nearly hit by a train trying to be Tumblr.

And there were a loooot of egg shaped pancakes.


I saw my favourite band in concert, 

Spent lots of precious time with family, 

And lots of precious time with friends
(I'm wearing a crown in the above photo)


I walked the beach in winter and reconnected with my love of the sea, and it reminded me of my dire need to move away.

And we mustn't forget that time when I pulled a face on that flume ride at Alton Towers...


2015 has been hell. But I'm looking back and seeing good times, this meltdown about my future has been resolved wonderfully, which I'll speak about soon. I'm very excited about what 2016 has on offer, I'm hoping it's a year filled with happiness, love and success for not just me, but everyone else in the world. (except from people who are in prison for doing bad things. Because you know, they don't deserve goodness haha..)


Shaan x

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cute things to do in Autumn

Vogue Parody 73 Questions tag

Confronting Mental Health, One Hell Of a Journey